Vermeer BC900XL help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck S

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a BC900XL with the Vanguard 35 engine?... I maintain 90+ acres woodlands and I'm having a carb problem with my BC900 engine.. I think they didn't plumb the carb vent as it only has a rubber cap and I'm wondering if anyone has a similar model and could look or take a pic of the carb on the inbound side of the engine and see if their carb vent is in fact capped(plugged) or if it has a hose routing.. My engine has all the symptoms of carb vent obstruction and really acts up in warm weather. I'm not sure if the vent should be capped or if it was overlooked at assembly. I've uncapped it and it runs really good but I'd like to see the proper setup to get a idea of the routing if in fact there is a vent setup. Chipper has all of 70 hours on it.. I've called the dealer I got if from and they are no help and too far away to drive to.. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated..

Back