vermeer chipper tire problems...anyone else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trioux

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is there anyone else out there with a vermeer 1800 chipper that has had as many tire problems as I have? Can't keep the brand new tires on for longer than 3 weeks, and no, the axle is NOT bent, nothing rubbing, etc.....the tires just peel and come apart...I keep re-ordering, this is costing me a ton, not to mention the last one came apart and bent the rim....rumor has it that I am not the only one...

no you are not the only person with 1800 prob's :bang: !!!!!!!! sell it and get a bandit 1890 like we did you will be much happyer:D

I'd bet you're getting tires that arent rated for the load that chipper is puttin on em. try a heavier duty tire, and see how that works out.

Lawn Masters said:
I'd bet you're getting tires that arent rated for the load that chipper is puttin on em. try a heavier duty tire, and see how that works out.

Dont skimp on the tyres, you do need the same ones as original, they are a very heavy duty tyre. Remember, unlike most chippers this size/weight its a single axle. Our tyres are a Goodyear Hi-Miler but cant remember the size. Here in Australia they are about $500 a pop:cry:

Also, are you the driver, or are employees driving the truck. I had an employee cut the kerb, blowing out the tyre and bending the rim.:angry2:

Otherwise something fishy is going on, they should last a year or two depending on milage you do.

Trev

Back