West Bend info needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
What are the different west bend engines that were used on saws ? I have a 820. I have located what appears to be a 70008. I have no knowledge of this model so any info would be appreciated. The saw has no other markings so what saws used this engine ?

Bill

I think a few of the older saws had Westbend 580's,or was than 530?It seems Power Prouducts,Westbend and McCulloch all had saw engines that ended up as kart engines,or visaversa.I do remember those big Westbends were ear shattering when ran with a megaphone header,mercy me.

I believe at one stage Westbend was the race engine to have and performed really hard but i need to read more on them as what i've heard is only hearsay.

Mc Bob.

Ray,

Thanks for the link. I have had goodluck finding parts for the 820 engine. When looking I also found parts for the 580 but never saw anything for the 70008. That is what brought up my original question. I cannot see sinking money into a saw that I have no hope of rebuilding.

Bill

Latest posts

Back