West Coast Saw Dogs. Buy the chain catcher!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I was putting my 18-inch bar on my 261 and the side cover would not come off. One of the dogs was bent and the cover was hard to take off. It turns out one of the dogs was bent. I tried calling West Coast Saw and within 2 minutes of hanging up with them, an order notification showed up on my phone. The chain catcher bought me a guarantee that gave me a free pair of dogs after the other ones broke.

Today I was putting my 18-inch bar on my 261 and the side cover would not come off. One of the dogs was bent and the cover was hard to take off. It turns out one of the dogs was bent. I tried calling West Coast Saw and within 2 minutes of hanging up with them, an order notification showed up on my phone. The chain catcher bought me a guarantee that gave me a free pair of dogs after the other ones broke.
Anyone able to do an English translation? I can't make sense out of this.

Anyone able to do an English translation? I can't make sense out of this.
I think because he bought a chain catcher from West Coast Saw with a set of dogs, when one of the dogs bent they sent him a new dog set. If he hadn't bought the chain catcher from them, he wouldn't have gotten a free replacement dog set. Getting the chain catcher is a requirement for the warranty.

So did they send you a defective dog, or did you bend it? I would think if they sent a defective one that they would replace it regardless. If you bent it by mistake, out of curiosity, how did it happen?

Latest posts

Back