What is this saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsgottobegreen

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A friend of mine picked this up from an estate sale. Well, I just had to have it. I never has seen something like this before. He told me it was a brush blade.

Its looks like the original chain. It came with 2 boxes for chain that both look really old. One box was empty and other box had that chain looked unused. Got a wrench too. Looks like a really well built saw.

What is this for and how does one use it?

And if anyone wants it for their collection I might part with it.

Thanks in advance

What is this saw?

It's called "Bow Saw", pulpers use them here a lot in Florida--dangerous saw to use--1 little screwup & someone will get hurt. I have 2 McCulloch bow saws, one with a 24 inch bow like yours & a larger one with a 38 inch bow for larger work. BILL

What is this saw?

As you cut through a tree trunk/log on the ground the chain/bar won't pinch. Not to say this never happens but if the trunk is the same size or smaller than the diameter of the bow generally it will not "pinch"...

If you do use it, remember that the saw has a manual oiler, there isnt an automatic one on that model. chain oil is a MUST on such a machine.

JJackson said:
Great looking saw.

Thanks.

Seems like a bunce of you guys really want this saw for your collection. The best offer takes it home. I want a new stihl saw of some sore and this baby is going to help pay for it. Thanks guys. :)

Latest posts

Back