Which bit of kit next ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well this year i have bought a new vermeer 352 stump grinder and a Kioti 30hp compact tractor [with flail mower and harrows] i also bought a 16' beavertail trailer [Ifor Williams]

As like most businessmen i'm always thinking about what kit to get next ie in the future [for me about 18-24 months time]...I am curious as to what purchases you guys might be looking for in the BIG KIT department ??

I guess i'm thinking bigger chipper and maybe a small humm or large skidsteer,maybe a 5 ton backhoe...I'd love a spider bucket but that might have to wait a bit longer on the wish list

So rolla on the subject of the Vermeer 352 what mods have you done, apart from the exhaust cover thing which i have yet to work out...have you welded up your electric clutch 'arm' to stop it knocking? What have you heard on the street.......(how many hours are you at now?)

I have 35 hours on my machine ..News on the street! not heard any! why have you ???..i know the machine vibrates quite a bit !!!

come on guys what you planning on buying ..i know koaman is after a big spider bucket,what about the rest of you ??

I'm thinking about a small tracked skidsteer ,to help with brush dragging and stumpgrinding cleanups

The LEO 15GT spider lift has had a $3000 drop in MSRP...now down to $53K. I am hoping to get it for $50K at the TCI Expo. In any case, it is now looking to be pretty much a done deal for me, as long as shipping it to Hawaii is not going to cost me $10K or some ridiculous price like that.

The Expo is now less than a month away....can hardly wait.

Ahh spending on kit my favourite pass time funds permitting lol..........

1) A tractor 100hp for scrub work and to tow
2) A timber forwarding trailer for scrub work and large domestic removals

I would like but can't afford........

1) A tracked MEWP
2) A bigger Unimog and PTO driven stump grinder ;O)

Koa Man how high will the spider go ,and whats it's width ?..i'm a great believer in spider lifts...they definatly save a lot of time and energy!!

The one I plan to get has a work height of 50 ft. and is 30.75 inches wide and 15.5 ft. long in transport mode. The next one up has 73 ft. wh, but is 38.5 inches wide. That would prevent me from taking it through a lot of gates, therefore making it useless for a lot of jobs. I would like the higher lift and I wish Teupen would could reduce the width to 34 inches.

Latest posts

Back