Wife will have to finish the season for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just start on one side, and the best way will become apparent.

+1

One summer back in the late 90s (before I bought a house!) I worked a pile of tree tops in a landing behind my sister's. 2 or 3 times a week after work I'd go up and buck and split a 1/4 cord. Brother in Law or nieces would help stack it once I came off the hill.

Every so often a log would be just right for me to use a tow strap and logging chain and my S-10 to twitch it 90º to the pile...that made it go really quick for bucking the half in the air, then the smaller half I could just tug to the ground and it was small enough to hand-roll over to finish the cuts. Tough for me to explain, so it's something you'd have to figure out reading the logs yourself.

========
To Geez, get well dude! As others have said, follow the physical therapy, amazing what they can do.

My surgery set me back two years.

My Supraspinotous tendon was hangin by a thread and had to be grafted back on to the bone along with decompressing the top of the humerous. Part way through re-hab I got to a point where I couldn't get any more rotation, and had to go back under general anesthesia and be manipulated to break the scarring down and adhesions.....

Can I suggest you get someone to erect a bit of a gantry and a chain fall winch or come along to grab a log at a time? Or at least sink a tall post to hold a comealong winch.

Good luck

No kidding!!! I didn't know you could get that injury so suddenly like that. Good luck with the surgery.

Yeah, I was using a snow rake. All that overhead repetitive motion tore my supraspinatus tendon 75% off. I felt the pain across my neck and shoulder blade but thought it was your normal neck and shoulder pain from doing stuff like that. So I'd rest a while and do some more. I DID notice the pain was a little different than normal though.
For what it's worth, I finished the roof, LOL.

Log trucks here stack sawlogs, pulp, veneer in a neat pile usually on top of 2-3 of the logs so they're not sitting on snow or dirt.

Good suggestions. :rock: I like the idea of pulling out a log or pulling it 90 degrees from the pile.

For those of you in banana climes who don't know a snow rake, it's bear work. Think of pulling 50-100 lbs 20' over your head over and over. Then the snow on the ground has to be cleared ! It's done when we have multiple snow dumps such as this winter. The weight and melting creates ice dams even in cold that can then leak under the roof into the house. We covered the first 4' of the roof with Grace "ice and water shield" to stop any melting from leaking into the house. Sun melt, ridge vents, snow weight, stove pipe heating, etc, all lead to eave ice in northern winters. Though we have a cold roof, the eave ice was over a foot in some places. This winter was particularly brutal and long. Still below freezing here with a foot of snow in sheltered and north facing woods.

This is no Pensacola (Eglin), PNW, or Left Coast.:taped:

Torn rotator cuff? Please come pitch for my Pittsburgh Pirates. You can't do any worse.
PirateSmiley.gif

Here'e to rapid healing! :cheers:

Hey Geez, do they still saw RR ties in Bangor ??A few years ago I bought some cut offs from a guy. He said they came from Bangor. The wife and son stacked it, for just in case I couldn't feed the OWB

Back