Wonderwood TSC stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thechief

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a safe New year. I have a 32' x 32' shop that I currently use a diesel fueled ready heater (55 000 btu's) to heat with. I don't like the exhaust fumes it gives off though as I get a headache if I'm out there for more than 3 hours. And lets face it, breathing diesel or any fossil fuel exhaust fumes aren't good for you. So, I'm thinking about putting a wood stove in the shop this summer to heat with. While sitting on the throne tonight, (I've got the 2009 TSC catalogue on the top of the toilet resevoir for good reading material), I was looking at the Wonderwood heater. Do you guys have or know of anyone with any experience with this type of wood stove? My wife says she used to have one on the farm when she was growing up and it put out alot of heat. The blower option would be a great option to get the heat into the shop area while my 2 ceiling fans disperse the heat blowing it back down from the ceiling. Any thoughts are always appreciated as always, good or bad.

Brown jacket over a tin fire box? If so my grandparents had one in their living room for many years.Put out lots of heat. You could raise the top and cook on it if you wished.

My parents had a Wonderwood at their old home back in the 1970's.
In the late 1980's we put a Wondercoal in the new house until we got the plumbing done for the wood boiler system. The Wondercoal still sits in the basement, they have no intention of selling it even though it hasn't been hooked up to a flue in over 20 years.

I'm sure there are more efficient units on the market, but we were always happy with the heat they put out. Do they still have firebrick lining the bottom half of the firebox?

Latest posts

Back