woodbug mill help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackme

Reaction score
I have been trying for a month to get an answer from the folks at woodbug. no luck. I have a chance to buy what I think is a woodbug mill but it is missing some parts and if the company is out of business maybe someone that has one can help. There is no saw with this mill so I have no idea how to make the lower guide and modified bar. Also missing are the pieces that fit into the notches in the base to set the log against. Are there any extras out there or can someone give me an ideea of what the dimensions are? thanks

Howdy, and welcome. Any chance you could get some pictures? From what I remember woodbug mills are quite simple. I would think parts could be made for them with little effort.

I second that... give us some pics, there is a lot of talent on here, and I'm sure we could come up with some solutions for you if we had somewhere to start.

Macme,
Welcome to a great site. You can find out a lot here. You might try Bob Walker at www.walkerssawshop.com The sell the Woodbug and have been great about answering my questions. I have a WB and am happy with it. Got a new bar last year from WB, so they were in business then.
Good luck

Are you missing the "sled" or carriage that the bar bolts on to? Or just the bar? The bar is a 36" (i think) and it is modified by having two holes drilled into it where it goes on the carriage, and it has a spot of weld(3/8ths thick) welded to each side of the bar tip where it rides in the bottom trac(this keeps the chain from touching the trac). I can take some pics and measure the dimension stops next week when i am at my place in TN. If you don't have the carriage i can photo that also, just let me know. I also have the Woodbug video and can copy. Neither part would be hard to make if the metal worker knew what he was doing. Send me a PM if you need the info........

RD

woodbug help

MotorSeven said:
Are you missing the "sled" or carriage that the bar bolts on to? Or just the bar? The bar is a 36" (i think) and it is modified by having two holes drilled into it where it goes on the carriage, and it has a spot of weld(3/8ths thick) welded to each side of the bar tip where it rides in the bottom trac(this keeps the chain from touching the trac). I can take some pics and measure the dimension stops next week when i am at my place in TN. If you don't have the carriage i can photo that also, just let me know. I also have the Woodbug video and can copy. Neither part would be hard to make if the metal worker knew what he was doing. Send me a PM if you need the info........

RD
That would be a big help. I would sure like the dimensions of the dimension stops. any pics would help. I would sure like to see that video but i have no clue what a PM is. Computer rookie. I have the sled . It appears to be just a wide shallow channel, very rusty but I can clean it up. Thanks

Latest posts

Back