Woodturner/Homeowner Purchase Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telescopist

Reaction score
Weird thread title I am sure. Been a professional woodturner for over 30 years. I have mounted logs upwards of 32" and 1500 pounds on a lathe. When Hurricane Andrew tore through South Miami in 92, you couldn't find a chainsaw to buy. I had a Jonsered 625 with a 20" bar. It was the opportunity of the lifetime to section up downed trees- East Indian Rosewood, Cuban Mahogany, and Albizia Lebbeck just to mention a few species. My beloved 625 finally gave up the ghost about 6 months ago. Rebuilding it is not an option since parts are unavailable. Besides all I need now is light duty saw. I'm thinking 40cc oughta do it. Maybe the Jonsered 2245 or 2240. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry I was so long winded.

What about an Echo 590? It's a little more than 40cc but useful for light to medium duty if needed down the road.
I'll check it out. Thanks. Is it light enough in your opinion that you can use it with arms extended to cut limbs and such at height from trees. I got some trees that need serious pruning.

Back