Yard Trees: Reminded me of Saving Private Ryan...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
[Miller purposely draws fire]

Sergeant Horvath: Captain, if your mother saw you do that, she'd be very upset.

Captain Miller: I thought *you* were my mother.

Shingles are shot, roof needs a small amount of carpentry repairs. Time to take down some trees before I tarp it pending replacing the roof next year (hoping to roll it into a home loan).

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2039.JPG

Cleaning up the top...this is cheating, pure cheating.
IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

@#$%...she's going to need some persuasion.
IMG_2062.JPG

Time for Miss Angela to earn her keep. Took the slack out with the wheels, then used the hydraulics to ease the main stem over. Straps I bought back in college, and the chain came with the place.
IMG_2068.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

She even picked up the trunk without a lot of effort:
IMG_2074.JPG

Aren't tractors handy, especially the hydraulics. I don't think its cheating , just using the proper tool for the job.

Yep. That's one of the few pieces of metal that won't be getting scrapped...might take me most of the summer before I work my way all the way back there. Now that I have the tractor I have a fair amount of old scrap, engines, transmissions, cabs (!), and just plain old junk I can round up from around the property and pile it all together so I can quickly fill a roll-off.

It's not in great shape, but it'll make a fine ornament.

To bad scrap is so low right now...

It's amazing what people will pay for old gas pumps. I had a old hand crank one that was on our property still connected to the tank underground. I put it on CL to make a offer, one day I had 4 guys come. The last guy came and offered me $400.

I took the sawzall and cut the bolts holding it to the tank and away he went.

Back