Yet another 028 inquiry....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Let me try this again. I was wearing my favorite Stihl baseball hat today. I was approached by a gentleman who has an 028AV Woods Boss he wants to sell. I have since gone to his place to look at it. It appears to be of mid 80's manufacture, it's in excellent cosmetic condition and has the electronic ignition. It's been completely gone over by a saw shop and stored since, for the last two years. He claims it probably has less than twenty hours on it since he bought it to build a log cabin and hasn't used it, except once in a blue moon, since then. It has a Stihl hard case, all the original paperwork including receipt, extra chain, original tools, sharpening equipment, etc.,etc...
I don't know squat about this model. When it was new technology I was still wrestling with a boat anchor Clinton D-15 that almost soured me on chain saws for life. PLEASE NOTE: I would like the saw for myself. Do you guys feel it is worth the $200.00 he is asking? I may be able to chew him down a little but, I'm not sure. They don't seem to be selling for that much on eBay however, I haven't seen one in that condition either. I've heard some good things about this model here and thought it might be worth it.
Also, wearing a Stihl hat around my neck of the woods is like trolling for fish. You never know what your going to catch. This is not the first time I've been approached about buying/selling a saw since I've been wearing it. This is the first time I've actually thought about it.

Back