Zama carb on a Husky problem! need help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironhunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Husky 353 with about 35 tanks of fuel through it. Ran like a champ as it should from day one. It now has carb issues (Zama). It will stay running by pumping the primer bulb. Disassembling the carb and cleaned the carb with a light dose of compressed air seemed to fix the problem but it reappeared after ten minutes of running. A carb kit was purchased and put in by me and again it seemed"fixed" for ten minutes. (I put in the diaphrams on both ends as well as the needle) I have also replaced the fuel line(there was nothing wrong with the old one)

I am at a loss here,,, I am a weekend warrior doing TSI work and this is my only saw:cry:

The passage under the needle must be blown out, and held up to a light,
and visually verify that it is clear.

I have it dissassembled and I can see thru the seat/surface hole and the screen seems clear.Is that the passage way you described?

Yes, if both covers are off of the carb, and the needle removed, you need to have a clear view through that passage.
Other than that, you say you replaced the fuel lines, you have them hooked up correctly?

If it runs 10 mins and quits. You may have a fuel tank vent problem. Run it untill it starts to quit and open the gas cap a lil and see if it keeps running. If so change the vent.

Fuel lines are good and are in correct position. Fuel cap/vent also has been checked, will not run right even after opening cap and letting possible air lock out. I am putting it together right now (again )and a buddy has pulled up with a trailer full of uncut lenghts of firewood.His luck day!

Well,,I blew through the guy`s trailer load of wood:chainsaw: as he sat by and watched and drained beers from my frig.:cheers: I drank none,, He suggested water in the fuel as a possible culprit? so before I started we looked and poured some into a glass jar and voila,, there was some water. I thoroughly cleaned out my tank and poured some of his fuel in my saw and tried it. Seems to work great. I hope this was the problem. I did not think that water could clog the screen in the bottom of the carb,but maybe that is what it was.

In retrospect,, every time I took the carb apart and cleaned it I must have unknowingly removed the water and it would run again for a while until it collected enough to stop the screen from flowing fuel again. I learned a lot today. Again I hope that was it as the carb looked great inside and out. Thanks guys,,I am off to get some clean fuel for tomorrow.

Thanks for the update. My 2150 was acting similar until I swapped carbs. I just took the zama C3-EL32 that came off it apart for the third time and I still can’t find anything in any of the orifices. Now after hearing about the water I’m tempted to put it back on and try it again. I could swear that I was using the same mix in all my 2-cycle stuff at the time with no problems except the saw.

Latest posts

Back