Zama el-32 rebuild kit? I'm confused

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilRoySlade

Life's a garden, dig it
Reaction score
image.jpg Ok, 346xp. Zama el32 carb, bought rb-122 kit as indicated by zama site. Gaskets look correct but metering diaphragm is just a bit off, the metal support diameter and needle and lever are way off.
From carb on left, kit contents on right.
Anyone seen this, what's a kit worth if it's sorta close?

Rod

Just checked my RB-122 kit Dated 2/23/12 and the parts are like the one on left. Is your an OEM Zama or an AM kit. The diameter of diaphragm disc here is 15.15mm

Zama kit. Carb was not bad, just in saw so the couple bucks was no biggy. Just swapped flat diaphragm, left the rest. I'll look into deeper, see if it's relabeled kit or something.
Thanks

Thanks to Rod for the heads up on this.
I checked and all the random samples I pulled match his which is clearly NOT an RB-122.
My next shipment already left the factory but they will get me 100 replacements on my next order.
I wish I still had a kit from the first two batches to compare the new ones to when they arrive as a control sample.
I wonder what these kits really are?
One time they sent me 100 pcs of K20-HD labeled as K10-HD, that one was easy to figure out.
Just checked and we have ordered 5650 kits from them this year. My math is weak but I think that is a .035% miship rate, which doesn't sound so bad but it sucks when you are the guy who gets some oddball kit from Dave.
Dave

Dave I did one last night and was going to tell you the same thing. I think it will work I swapped the diaphragms, when you get the others in let me know..

Thank you

your pal

Barry Manilow

View attachment 454183 Ok, 346xp. Zama el32 carb, bought rb-122 kit as indicated by zama site. Gaskets look correct but metering diaphragm is just a bit off, the metal support diameter and needle and lever are way off.
From carb on left, kit contents on right.
Anyone seen this, what's a kit worth if it's sorta close?

Rod

thank you for posting this!

it means Im not crazy well not completely

Latest posts

Back