Zama replacement help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Trying to replace a zama c3m D11B on my Makita 6421. So far I'm not finding anything. Supplier tells me the part # 038-153-023 (U.S.A.), has been superceded by 038-153-515. Ok. Get it and it takes three hoses (one for a primer?...newer saws?), mine uses two and the throttle is completely different. The new carb is a c3m dm18 321a. I've heard a Walbro HD-12 is usable here and hope that's correct. Also heard some mod, perhaps to the choke lever, might be in order. Can anyone set me straight here? If I can use the Walbro I'll try to find one. Thanks all.

I put a Tillotson HE-18A on mine. Worked wonders. You will need to work the throttle linkage hole, it is a bit larger. I used a nylon snap in grommet.

I put a Tillotson HE-18A on mine. Worked wonders. You will need to work the throttle linkage hole, it is a bit larger. I used a nylon snap in grommet.

Took a look at the HE-18A...looks like it will work fine w/a minor adjustment. Thanks for that info. Appreciate the help...

Latest posts

Back