vermeer sc1152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I have read you threads on the Carlton sp7015trx Rayco rg100 vermeer sc1152 and Bandits 2900t. I have ran both cartons deutz 2006 with revolution wheel and 2014 kubota razor wheel. I was disappointed with the 2014 7015 with its lack of cutting depth. By installing the new style track base they have made the machine taller thus reducing its cutting depth to only 12" below. I also ran a Bandit 2014 2900t A well made machine with great cutting capacity yet not more productive than the 2006 7015. add that to the greater fuel consumption its no more efficient. I also ran a 2008 Carlton 8018trx deutz agine a great machine yet dose not have the retractable undercarriage to access 35". I understand the 15/20% power losses associated with all hydraulic systems, but would like to know how the Vermeer sc1152 and the Rayco rg100 stack up!! I cant get a demo for ether of these machines here in the uk as none of the dealers have ever imported one.
Are these two machines more productive than the mechanical drive systems on the Carltons ?.

Yes I also found that the 2900t with its 114hp cat motor would blow oil over the releif valve to easy and not make best use of that 114hp. I am trying to negotiate a deal wiyh rayco to purchase the rg100 power unit only and then install it on a retractable ruber track base pluss fit a revolution cutting wheel. I have built many different machines including my own remote controlled 80hp tracked stump grinders. you can view this machine in are case studies at www.baileyforestryengineering.co.uk

No, I am only a one man band and dont have the time or resorceis too. Would be nice if some one could take it that next step!!. I have all the drawing to do so.
It would out preform any of the 100/120hp hydraulic grinders and with a larger cutting capacity, wish I had never sold it !.
In your opinion witch off the three big 100hp hydrostaic grinders do you think is the best?

they are all good machines,..just buy one of each !! why did you sell it?

Yes its a 2014 with 114hp cat motor fully hydrostatic no polychain. It cutting capcity is great 26" below ground and 74" swing. Its a very well made machine but the creep funtion is crap!!
When you select the creep mode all that happens is the left and right hand track padels work together ie: if you hit the left or the right track padel both tracks work at the same time...... witch is ok but the speed is the same as the slow speed so its only a two speed system..You can addjust the manual speed control valve on the machine (hydraulic needel valve) but this then reduces the pressure as well as the flow so when you the select the slow or the fast speed the machine will not move until you go back to it nd screw the needel valve all the way back in......It realy need a solinoid operated priority flow control valve insted of the crap needel valve.....also the slew swang faster in one direction than the other fixed this by replacing anther valve. It dose drink fuel but it dose knock out stumps.
I like it..

Yes... this one is the only one in the uk so I struggled to get any kind of feedback here or in the us. In three hours continous grinding it used approx 12 gallons...
Tracks come off easy if your not carefull...In creep mode both tracks work together but the hand track moves first so sends the machine off to the right...All these problems I am having to sort out my self with emails back and forth...Still not sold on it in truth !!!!!

The biggest problem here in the uk is that there is,nt any big grinders...There are a few carlton 7015 and and few vermeer sc60tx and a few rayco rg50 every thing eles is all sub 50hp machines...so even the dealer network aren,t much help....Have you ever had any expereance with the vermeer sc60tx ?...How did the rg100 grind ?...

yep done the youtube bit...Its worth looking on youtube at the revolution stump grinding wheel ( shows both a vermeer sx60 & sc1152 fitted with the revolution wheel ) it about 30miniuts long ...the sc1152 looks quite impressive !!!
Still not sold on this Bandit 2900t...
I have been told by my vermeer dealer that the 1152 has been disscontinued due to the teir 4 engine changes...
If it was your money !! out of the big three witch would you buy?.

I would stay away from carlton ,...they lie about a lot of stuff,...and always have exscuses!

I would stay away from carlton ,...they lie about a lot of stuff,...and always have exscuses!
Some pretty harsh words. Could you be more specific with your allegations? Been using Carlton machines for 14 years (4400 and 7015TRX ) 4000 hours and completely disagree with your statements. I've found their equipment to be top notch overall and Huey in service is capable of walking you through any problems over the phone. Need parts and they arrive next day usually.You either don't know what your talking about or your selling a different brand machine.There is a reason why you don't see many used Carlton machines for sale and why they command the highest resale prices.

Have a RG100 good machine overall. My complaints are not enough side to side swing (68") and not enough chip capacity.

Was told this week that the 1152 has been "discontinued until further notice". Reason being the emission standards...damn.

Was told this week that the 1152 has been "discontinued until further notice". Reason being the emission standards...damn.
I do have this one for sale.
I think the reason they discontinued it is because the 110 hp tier 4 engines are so expensive there is not much reason to built them since nobody will be buying them do to cost.
The tier standard go up over 100 hp so those larger engine are considerable more expensive. Keep it under 100 hp and you save a bunch of money. I think they still make the SC852 which has a 85hp Cummins. I think there is a good chance all the manufactures will keep these units under 100 hp and if they go big they will go real big.

Still making the 852; but was told they would be hard to come by for a while after the 40 on the ground at the factory that already had places to go worldwide were gone...may have been a smoke job to buy the demo one they had for sale though!

No longer making the 852...at least for the next year....the salesmen are pissed.

Back