vermeer sc1152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pretty harsh words. Could you be more specific with your allegations? Been using Carlton machines for 14 years (4400 and 7015TRX ) 4000 hours and completely disagree with your statements. I've found their equipment to be top notch overall and Huey in service is capable of walking you through any problems over the phone. Need parts and they arrive next day usually.You either don't know what your talking about or your selling a different brand machine.There is a reason why you don't see many used Carlton machines for sale and why they command the highest resale prices.

Like I said before,..they are Liers and would not deal with them no matter the price or mchine,...Ordered a new 8018 months back was going to have cat under carriage ,sandvick,etc...ordered a green one and told James wanted the motor to remain natural Kubota color and for over 15 weeks was told it would be that way,....what they were actually doing was taking a yellow chipper motor ...or maybe even a used motor and dumb asses sandblasted it and ended up painting the whole engine green,....there for it was going to look like a 4-6 yr. old machine . two months after I first demoed a new 8018 when I finally decided to order one and told them I wanted all new not a reconditioned machine they went up on the price $6000,....but order it any way ,..said it was due to tier 4,.....(quote James)
, then found out from Jon that the 100hp was still tier 3 so james lied and then lied to me about how the machine was going to be just like I ordered it,...so I told them to send my deposite back ,...get this for the final blow,...asked Jon if they would just sell me a new 7015trx instead ,...he said yes and quoted it at 62000,...hell the first 8018 was quoted at 62500,....then they went up on me on the green one I ordered to 68k and still couldn't sell it without trying to pull something over on me,final straw was when he quoted me the new 7015 trx for 62000,..and said he would sell me one for the exact same price as the guy that had just got one close buy at 55k new,...Jon said if I sold him one for that u can have one for same ,...so he looked while I was on phone and said you were right it was 55k 2month earilyer,...but said I have to have the 62000.
I wont ever own one of their machines ,....glad I didn't get one any way bought a 2015 1152 and love it,...demoed 2 new 7015trx and just watched my competators machine 7015 the one he got for 55k last week or so and reminded me at the time why I bought a 100hp machine, looked & demoed a lot of different ones& have not needed a track machine so far but would not buy a Carlton after the experience I had ,and was a pay in full cash custermer they like people that believe their bull ****. They are putting kohler diesels on the 7015 already from what I heard.

From what I see on these forums is everbody thinks they got the best machine ,best resale,fastest etc,... they all have a place that one is better than the other no matter th hp,...but if you deal with people that give you a run around trying to buy a very expensive machine then what do you think you get from them when you end up with a problem

Like I said before,..they are Liers and would not deal with them no matter the price or mchine,...Ordered a new 8018 months back was going to have cat under carriage ,sandvick,etc...ordered a green one and told James wanted the motor to remain natural Kubota color but paint cowl cover green to match ,and for over 15 weeks was told it would be that way,....what they were actually doing was taking a yellow chipper motor ...or maybe even a used motor and dumb asses sandblasted it and ended up painting the whole engine green bolt and all (That's not what I ordered and not what the new yellow demo modle was),....there for it was going to look like a 4-6 yr. old machine,,,(throwing it together and skimping to put more money in their pockets, not giving the person that drove over there 6hrs to look atand demo,...James even said we could go and demo it and got over there and then he said we could not,but jon finnaly did let us on two stumps) . two months after I first demoed a new 8018 when I finally decided to order one and told them I wanted all new- not a reconditioned machine they went up on the price $6000,....but order it any way ,..said it was due to tier 4,.....(quote James)
, then found out from Jon that the 100hp was still tier 3 so james lied and then lied to me about how the machine was going to be just like I ordered it,...so I told them to send my deposite back ,...get this for the final blow,...asked Jon if they would just sell me a new 7015trx instead ,...he said yes and quoted it at 62000,...hell the first 8018 was quyed at 62500,....then they went up on me on the green one I ordered to 68k and still couldn't sell it without trying to pull something over on me,final straw was when he quoted me the new 7015 trx for 62000,..and said he would sell me one for the exact same price as the guy that had just got one close buy at 55k new,...Jon said if I sold him one for that u can have one for same ,...so he looked while I was on phone and said you were right it was 55k 2month earilyer,...but said I have to have the 6200.
I wont ever own one of their machines ,....glad I didn't get one any way bought a 2015 1152 and love it,...demoed 2 new 7015trx and just watched my competators machine 7015 the one he got for 55k last week or so and reminded me at the time why I bought a 100hp machine, looked & demoed a lot of different ones& have not needed a track machine so far but would not buy a Carlton after the experience I had ,and was a pay in full cash custermer , they like people that believe their bull ****. They are putting kohler diesels on the 7015 already from what I heard. ......

Know another guy that bought a new 7015trx Kubota and it blew up on second stump ,as James was driving off and guy tried to call him and James would not answer his phone,... they sold him supposed to be a new one!st time before with deutz and when it arrived it looked like it had 2-300 hrs on it and was supposed to be new,....guy thinks they do some refurbished jobs and pass off as new !

made me suspicious of the 8018 they were doing that I ordered,...was supposed to take 8 weeks and fifteen later it wasn't right even after multiple texts and phone calls with James to make sure and keeping up with were they were at,....then I got a funny feeling something is not right with these CLOWNS.

From what I see on these forums is everbody thinks they got the best machine ,best resale,fastest etc,... they all have a place that one is better than the other no matter the hp,...but if you deal with people that give you a run around trying to buy a very expensive machine then what do you think you get from them when you end up with a problem

We have bought 5 machines from Carlton over the years and had nothing but good experiences. On the other hand we have had a couple of bad experiences with Vermeer in a couple different states.

Like I said before,..they are Liers and would not deal with them no matter the price or mchine,...Ordered a new 8018 months back was going to have cat under carriage ,sandvick,etc...ordered a green one and told James wanted the motor to remain natural Kubota color and for over 15 weeks was told it would be that way,....what they were actually doing was taking a yellow chipper motor ...or maybe even a used motor and dumb asses sandblasted it and ended up painting the whole engine green,....there for it was going to look like a 4-6 yr. old machine . two months after I first demoed a new 8018 when I finally decided to order one and told them I wanted all new not a reconditioned machine they went up on the price $6000,....but order it any way ,..said it was due to tier 4,.....(quote James)
, then found out from Jon that the 100hp was still tier 3 so james lied and then lied to me about how the machine was going to be just like I ordered it,...so I told them to send my deposite back ,...get this for the final blow,...asked Jon if they would just sell me a new 7015trx instead ,...he said yes and quoted it at 62000,...hell the first 8018 was quoted at 62500,....then they went up on me on the green one I ordered to 68k and still couldn't sell it without trying to pull something over on me,final straw was when he quoted me the new 7015 trx for 62000,..and said he would sell me one for the exact same price as the guy that had just got one close buy at 55k new,...Jon said if I sold him one for that u can have one for same ,...so he looked while I was on phone and said you were right it was 55k 2month earilyer,...but said I have to have the 62000.
I wont ever own one of their machines ,....glad I didn't get one any way bought a 2015 1152 and love it,...demoed 2 new 7015trx and just watched my competators machine 7015 the one he got for 55k last week or so and reminded me at the time why I bought a 100hp machine, looked & demoed a lot of different ones& have not needed a track machine so far but would not buy a Carlton after the experience I had ,and was a pay in full cash custermer they like people that believe their bull ****. They are putting kohler diesels on the 7015 already from what I heard.

From what I see on these forums is everbody thinks they got the best machine ,best resale,fastest etc,... they all have a place that one is better than the other no matter th hp,...but if you deal with people that give you a run around trying to buy a very expensive machine then what do you think you get from them when you end up with a problem

I've read your post twice now and still are not sure what your complaining about. It reads like they had a demo 8018 they wanted to sell you for $60k and when you came back a few months later and you asked for a new 8018 instead of a demo the price went up. And then when you opted for a 7015 you wanted it for the same price they or another dealer sold a demo for 2 months earlier.
I don't know what to think about the whole paint thing so we'll just ignore that.
I'm I getting this right?

I've read your post twice now and still are not sure what your complaining about. It reads like they had a demo 8018 they wanted to sell you for $60k and when you came back a few months later and you asked for a new 8018 instead of a demo the price went up. And then when you opted for a 7015 you wanted it for the same price they or another dealer sold a demo for 2 months earlier.
I don't know what to think about the whole paint thing so we'll just ignore that.
I'm I getting this right?

ss
No ,..called them up when I started looking at all new machines,...said theywhere build only to order and didn't have any 8018 on ground at that time but was building one and would be ready in 4-5 weeks,....so I waited and went over there to see the new one,....and was told could demo it and grind with it ,...well went over there and james was showing it to me and run it around on the gravel ,...but said oh no we could not demo it,...was going to a show,....hell why didn't he tell me this the weeks ahead when he said for us to come over have a new one ready and we could grind with it,....1st lie,....that machine to take it then was 62500.

I was looking around and made this clear to him before I came over there to look at the new 8018,...he said no problem,....then about a month later maybe two at the most was ready to buy and called james back ,..that's when he said oh no all tier 3 are gone only tier 4 are available,....dint seem right to me ,..but I thought possible and this was the reason for big price increase Lie #2,....and he said now have new cat under carriage but this was not going to make any price diff,...pretty much acked like I either couldn't afford one,...or they thought because I was a cash buyer that they would just go up on me,.....so I said hell just build me one,....he told me when I came over there all this B.S about how they really took pride in making sure they get exactly what customers order- like custom paint ,....that is why I decided to go with them,....the machine they had (new one) that I saw and ran on two stumps when I went over there was what a mashine would look like from Vermeer or rayco,...all stainless bolts,...motor was like a factory motor set on rest of machine,...the one they were building for me was like they threw the thing together all bolts painted,...hole engine painted basically like the ones you see that are 4-6 yrs old,...not like the one I looked at they had just built,...told me 8 weeks top,Lie #3,...was 13 weeks later anduring all this time james told me man your going to like it it is just like you wanted,...I said now make sure before it goes to paint they leav the motor natural Kubota color,....oh yea it will be,...Lie #4,.....texted and talked repeatedly to james the week it was in paint and final stage of compleation and said again make sure motor is natural like all the nw 7015's and just paint the cover to match the machine and all bolts stainless like the one I looked at and ran and all the newer 7015's,...just looked more professional, like the vermeers and raycos,....then he texted me and said something like they painted the motor yellow but they will take care of it,...I thought WTF is going on,....then he kinda didn't respond when I asked for him to shoot me a pix of it,....took him a day or so and yep ****ers painted whole god dam thing green,...tried to pull some **** over on me,....that is when I told him this is not what I ordered and to send my deposite back,...then jon called me 2 weeks later and tried to play mr. nice gy like he didn't know what was going on,...why I was not takeing it,....told he why and he said sorry he didn't know why that happed to the machine,...and that is when he said we can just put a hole new engineBlack casing on it but they didn't have any and would be several weeks later,..back to when I ordered it.they told me they had all new motors in stock and that they would just paint the black housing green and leave motor natural Kubota color ,...I said yes that's what I want I figured they said all that stuff about customer specific colors thought it would be no big deal,.......so that is where I think they were out of motors and just took a chipper motor(yellow at that) sand blasted it and was just going to act like paint guy messed up and I would take it any way,...it back fired on them!

getting back to when jon called me back to see what was up,....this is when I said what about I just ket a new 7015 they exact way they build them no paint or any differaces whats it going to cost me,....he said 62700 or something like that and could have bought one 55k few months before,...like my compatition did,..this is when he said if I sold him one for that you can have a new one for that to,....was holding on the phone while he looked it up and said yes isold the guy one for 55k,...but the best I can do is 62500,...lie #5,...don't matter like I said I like the machine I got a lot better and wont tear the hell out of the grass and weigh 7200 and a pain in but to haul around,....and I wouldn't have been happy with the 7015 any way so all worked out for the best for me,.

sorry this is so long but you and others wanted to know, this was my experience with Carlton mfg !

they are good machines but I wasn't going to deal with any one that far away after I had a hard time trying to buy one,...if they would have just built what I ordered they would have had 68k and I would own the newer 8018.

Nothing I looked at or demoed was a used or demo machine they all had 1-6 hrs run time no grinding

Back