661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a middle ground between mineral and fully synthetic oils in terms of performance, price, quality and durability.

I don't need the absolute best.
I hate to look at it that way. there are semi syn oils that are much better than full syn oils.
About ten years ago i read a long term study done on taxi cabs IIRC where a conventional oil made by Petro Canada out performed a full synthetic made by Mobil. This is a totally unrelated application, but the point is you cant judge a lubricant on what its base oil is comprised of. Everything in lubricants is a series of trade offs.

I hate to look at it that way. there are semi syn oils that are much better than full syn oils.
But how does one know which semi synthetics are better than which full synthetics.

We have over 3k and don't even know which full synthetic is best let alone which semi synthetic is better than which synthetic.

I don't worry, need, or want the best, Lucas and Super M are the most available at the best prices. Super M is a little thicker so might provide better protection.

Kinda leaning that way myself. Think I'm gonna try and find good deal on 5 gal of Super m and run in bikes and saws for the summer. probably at like 36:1 since that's what I run the banshee at.

I don't worry, need, or want the best, Lucas and Super M are the most available at the best prices. Super M is a little thicker so might provide better protection.
The next 5 gallons I run I will try Super M out.

How does it compare to K2 in you opinion? like oil left on the skirt of a piston?

From what i can see without tear anything down its looks pretty much the same. I was told by a Maxima tech that 60% of Super M is K2, true or not idk but they smell the same. Super M is $125 cheaper when buying 5 gallons.

Back