What gloves do you wear? Are they American made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20150904_084950.jpg
Made in China... but they are great gloves. 3 pack for $20. I dig em! Have a nice pair of filson gloves. But i like these for all around use.

Atlas. Blue rubber for summer and grey for winter. I can get a few MONTHS out of a pair. Usually buy them a dozen at a time for around $25. The winter ones are a little more.

I used to use leather gloves, but they wear out too fast. The thick ones like those above in the plastic pack feel like I'm trying to work with mittens on.

The thinner ones, like Mechanix type, if I got 2 weeks out of a pair that was about it. Also don't do well in wet.. where the Atlas keeps your hands fairly dry and are grippy.

Atlas. Blue rubber for summer and grey for winter. I can get a few MONTHS out of a pair. Usually buy them a dozen at a time for around $25. The winter ones are a little more.

I used to use leather gloves, but they wear out too fast. The thick ones like those above in the plastic pack feel like I'm trying to work with mittens on.

The thinner ones, like Mechanix type, if I got 2 weeks out of a pair that was about it. Also don't do well in wet.. where the Atlas keeps your hands fairly dry and are grippy.

I agree. Are some disadvantages that leather. But you just can't beat a wooden handled axe or maul and a leather glove!

BDG's (Bob Dale Gloves) sounds 'American'? They are good for sawing but if you have to handle wood they won't last. They have the high impact palm.
any of those styles are good. The gloves have to have the velcro top to keep out the chips,Thats the only style I'll look at.
They go up to 40 grams of thinsulate with deerskin, does the BDG'S and some guys can wear then in the cold days of the north winters. I like the high leather glove/mit with the one finger with the 70%wool liner. The coast I use the cotton "tighty whities" and double them up in fall/winter. They are easy to ring out and don't shrink like wet leather if you want to warm on the muffler

I agree. Are some disadvantages that leather. But you just can't beat a wooden handled axe or maul and a leather glove!

I don't own any axes and my maul, which I haven't used in years, has a steel pipe for a handle haha!

All my firewood making is done with equipment. I'd think the Atlas gloves might not work that great with an axe since they are fairly grippy and wouldn't slide so well.

I buy gloves at HF, after all everything I can find is China made anyway, why overpay for the same stuff.
The "double palm" leather gloves actually have a hole cut under the patch on the palm, I need to sue for all the money wells Lamont stole from me before I figured that out.

Latest posts

Back