stihl out of 441s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backhoelover

Free service manuals and service tool info
Reaction score
for everyone to know that stihl is out of 441 till first of 2016 so if your dealer doesnt have a 441 in stock you are to get a 461 for the same price and dont let them tell you that your are wrong cause it is on the main page of the power portal know i go though eastern stihl so your dealer might be different

My Ohio Dealer was out but could order the wrap version of the 441c. Yesterday he had a standard back and sitting on his shelf.

The 462c will be a very interesting saw when it arrives and even more interesting is what will Stihl do with the 441-461-462 line up of 70cc saws?

My Ohio Dealer was out but could order the wrap version of the 441c. Yesterday he had a standard back and sitting on his shelf.

The 462c will be a very interesting saw when it arrives and even more interesting is what will Stihl do with the 441-461-462 line up of 70cc saws?

Do you know anything about the 462c ?

I heard that the 441 is going back to the drawing board. I say bring back 440. but I read somewhere on here the 461 will be around here for awhile. I'm in NC JUST SO YOU KNOW.

I don't. Other than the pictures posted by another member on here. But it has the slant back cylinder like the 562xp and I like that. Less heat from the muffler IMO. More sleek look. I've got an order in but no availability yet. Take care Andrew!
I noticed that..more Husqvarna like every year! 661 with spring anti vibe... drawing air from the flywheel area on the 441...

I don't. Other than the pictures posted by another member on here. But it has the slant back cylinder like the 562xp and I like that. Less heat from the muffler IMO. More sleek look. I've got an order in but no availability yet. Take care Andrew!

Does anyone know for a fact that the new model is a replacement for the 461 and not the 441 ?

The 461 is pretty popular with the money makers ... i think it would be stupid for them to replace it.

Does anyone know for a fact that the new model is a replacement for the 461 and not the 441 ?

The 461 is pretty popular with the money makers ... i think it would be stupid for them to replace it.
But Husqvarna dumped the original 372's in favor of the more complex and heavier X-torqs in response to Obama land's EPA regs. why would Stihl be any different?

Both the 441 and 461 are very good saws one
suits the old timers with manual tune and the other with the smooth AV and auto tune they both have there place to perform for the weekender or every day pro uses.

But Husqvarna dumped the original 372's in favor of the more complex and heavier X-torqs in response to Obama land's EPA regs. why would Stihl be any different?

Ya i get that , but the 461 is already emissions compliant...i think from a non-enthusiast standpoint a 461 is the best 70ish class saw stihl ever made...alot of timber fallers would agree.. , im just guessing naturally , but i think this new saw is a 441 replacement.. i hope im right....

If they can develop a saw that is smaller & lighter than a 441, with spring AV, and more powerful than a 461, with reliable M-Tronic, it may replace both saws, but we are all just guessing.

It will be interesting to see what actually comes out. I can't see them stopping production of the 441 w/o making any changes.

I think that they should rethink the 441.
To me it's just not built like a stihl but more like a husky. The 461 is a much stronger constructed saw. I have to say after taking apart a few of the 441's that the tank to the stop buffers were porely thought out. The tank nipples wear out as fast as the stop buffers leaving it to be rather unrepairable or u have to use ur own creativity early in the life of the saw. I've seen 044's stop buffers still not needing to be replaced while the 441's fall apart after 3 to 4 years of work. Sometimes when u got a good thing to work don't change it.

Did someone really compare a 461 to a dolmar. That's like shopping at your local farmers market one week and switching the next week and going to the local wal mart.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

441 is definitely German designed. It's not as simple as husky designs.
Not saying it's not but what it looks like. For example the positioning of the av springs to the tank. The way the fuel line passes through the rear housing to another fuel line port on the tank . And finally the cable linkage to the throttle body. I didn't say that I didn't cut like a mother but I have to say that the construction is inferior the older models design to me.

I think that they should rethink the 441.
To me it's just not built like a stihl but more like a husky. The 461 is a much stronger constructed saw. I have to say after taking apart a few of the 441's that the tank to the stop buffers were porely thought out. The tank nipples wear out as fast as the stop buffers leaving it to be rather unrepairable or u have to use ur own creativity early in the life of the saw. I've seen 044's stop buffers still not needing to be replaced while the 441's fall apart after 3 to 4 years of work. Sometimes when u got a good thing to work don't change it.
I think they are looking at 441. what my dealer told me

Back