stihl out of 441s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are looking at 441. what my dealer told me
If they could just figure out a way to marry the tank to the engine better with better stop buffers that would take the abuse with out falling apart it be a better saw or go back to what's always worked

Then, of course, you can always buy a vintage Stihl 046 for half to one-third the price of a new 460, do a little work on it, and suddenly you have a saw that runs well and will last for years--like mine and MustangMike's, for instance:

Or, you could buy a 461 and have a brand new saw AND not have to worry about its history.

Or, you could buy a 461 and have a brand new saw AND not have to worry about its history.
You make a good point, but usually I can get around the saw's history with repairs and not have to worry about that. You cannot do that with most brands, but with Stihl saws I can. The only originally new Stihl saw I own is the MS 361. The rest are all pre-owned and I restored them.

And is better in the AV dept even though it still has rubber mounts. I have both & the 461 is smoother

I gotta call a little bs to the 461 is smoother than an 460. They have the same av mounts. They're basically the same saw. I can't tell the difference between my 461 vs. 460 in the smoothness department.

EPA regs are making it tough for saw companies to meet them , it's been a fight to stay ahead of them for years . Been the same for auto companies too .

441 is about right at 71cc but it would be great if Stihl could hit 80+cc with the new 462 at around the same weight as the current 461 .

What is the source that 1) the new saw is a 462, and 2) that it is not coming here.

Given the EPA issues, I would think the non M-Tronic 461 would be a prime candidate for update, as much as it is loved. That said, the 441 seems to be the saw that is not available at the time. Perhaps we will see a 442???

Back