Homemade lanyard knots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyo_climber

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, first post here. Looks like a great site, can't wait to learn more about climbing. I am going to be making my own adjustable lanyard from some retired rock climbing rope and was just wondering what everybody uses for a termination knot to attach to the carabiner. Triple fisherman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect, I was thinking the triple, just didn't know if people were my inclined to use a bunt or anchor hitch instead.

Perfect, I was thinking the triple, just didn't know if people were my inclined to use a bunt or anchor hitch instead.

I use the anchor to cinch a biner to the end of my climbing rope(lots use a spliced eye, but I'm tight, pun intended) using a split tail system and a Valodain tress in a spliced eye cord. I've heard the bunt is good too but have never used it.

I like the anchor over the fisherman's if it's going to be tied and untied a lot. The fisherman's is just a little harder to untie after repeated loading, which is why I'd prefer it on a lanyard.

I like a buntline hitch or an anchor knot just make sure you have enough tail. I would also recommend not using old rock climbing rope. This is going to be a life line and many of these ropes loose there characteristics over time and weaken. Just buy a bag of rope from treestuff.com and you will get what you need from that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back