port a china saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that it matters, but last night I received an update from eBay, the timberpro 62cc was shipped. Although, looking up tracking #'s, seems to be a real tracking number, but no updates yet.

Did anybody else happen to buy of these? Was yours listed as shipped yet?

I bought a 58cc Chinese "Forpark" saw to tinker with as well. I haven't torn into it yet, but my concern is the Chinese bearings in the bottom end. Has anyone determined whether there are good quality bearings that can be used to replace the cheap Chinese ones? I assume the bearing tolerances are the main reason why they call for 25:1 mix?

I bought a 58cc Chinese "Forpark" saw to tinker with as well. I haven't torn into it yet, but my concern is the Chinese bearings in the bottom end. Has anyone determined whether there are good quality bearings that can be used to replace the cheap Chinese ones? I assume the bearing tolerances are the main reason why they call for 25:1 mix?

Bet it has more to do with the markets they sell into not having access to the better 2 stroke oil options. Looking at saw survival where oil is simply oil. I wouldn't change out those bearings unless there is a demonstrable need to, the "Farmertec" / Huztl saws I've run don't seem to have inherent bearings issues because of inferior bearings produced over there.. for that matter (Going to get FLAMED for this!) I have repaired more saws having lower end issues with trashed SKF nylon caged bearings than all other bearing configuration's combined. They weren't produced in China! Conversely I have yet to see a Chinese saw with Chinese bearings have bearing failure. AND often bearings purchased through places like Ahlborn's by shops for rebuild / repairs are those dreaded Chinese bearings...:) Lot to process in all this.

Latest posts

Back