064 Bing 49 Carb Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to find a carb kit for the Bing 49 carb on my 064. Anyone know if the 038/048 bing kit will work?

Nope. They're completely different animals. I've never seen a low-cost aftermarket replacement either. The only way I could get one was to pay the $42 to order one from Bing directly.

I am pretty sure I snagged one for my 064 bing carb last year. Was around 15 bucks. It could have been my walbro though. I don't know why some people say they are hard to find or pricey....

It was probably for your Walbro. I can guarantee there hasn't been a Bing 49 carb kit on e-bay for at least three years. I have my targeted item search set for sunch a carb kit and I have two other guys that also look for me.

Sounds like it would be just as cheap or cheaper to order a new Walbro for it. There's a ton of different models used on the 064/066. My 064 and MS640 IPLs show a WJ-65. The 066 and MS660 IPLs show the WJ-65, WJ-67, and WJ-76. I never see the WJ-65 on eBay though.

That kit is for the 038/038 Magnum.

Thanks JJ that's what I was afraid of...

The availability and price of the bing kit is why my bing is now in the parts box. There is now a Walbro in its place.

Gotta get mine running! I don't want to mount a different carb on this saw - prefer to keep it "original equip". Wish me luck.

BING Type 49 carb kit

I've been looking for a rebuild kit for my 064 AV too. It has the BING type 49 carb. I've been jerked around by every Stihl shop that is supplied by Mid Atlantic Stihl. Every shop sells me the kit because it shows "in stock" but the part never arrives. I have enough money coming back to my debit card for undelivered kits to buy three Walbro carbs. Tomorrow I will be at the saw shop to buy the Walbro carb......for $90.00. Oh, by the way, don't buy the Bailey's BING Type 49 carb kit either...they'll tell you it will fit, but it won't. I have two of those.

Cheers,
Fred

:msp_mad:

I've been looking for a rebuild kit for my 064 AV too. It has the BING type 49 carb. I've been jerked around by every Stihl shop that is supplied by Mid Atlantic Stihl. Every shop sells me the kit because it shows "in stock" but the part never arrives. I have enough money coming back to my debit card for undelivered kits to buy three Walbro carbs. Tomorrow I will be at the saw shop to buy the Walbro carb......for $90.00. Oh, by the way, don't buy the Bailey's BING Type 49 carb kit either...they'll tell you it will fit, but it won't. I have two of those.

Cheers,
Fred

:msp_mad:

You have 2 of them?

Did you call Bailey's.

Two kits

Yes, I bought two kits when they ASSURED me it would fit my saw. No, I didn't call them. I stuck them on the shelf with a question mark on them. Some day I'll research the Oregon P/N on them to see what they do fit.

Cheers,
Fred

Oh, it was the Oregon kit.
I never ordered one of those, they looked like something that I could do without, not much there.
It likely fits the 038.

Contact Baily's, they would like to know of your trouble.

Latest posts

Back