"2015 You Suck Thread"-Pictures required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep all yours! Mike and Ray already claimed 2 of them, you just claimed the last one.

Surprised I don't have a couple pokes on the bow bars yet... They seem to be a hot item sometimes... Probably have my machinist mill one for k095 and paint blue for a makita saw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the mounts on the bows?

am interested in bow, mount & $?

b1575ed7781cd8158c0413482bef3f62.jpg

200t

image.jpg Ok guys. I always have the worst luck until bout a month ago. I found this saw on the side of the road in tall grass. Was found exactly like its pictured without b/c. I'm guessing it fell off of a truck because of where it was in a sharp curve. The air filter top is busted and the screws that hold the top cover on are broke on one side. As far as I can tell that is all the damage that was done. The saw runs perfect and is my first 395. I asked around with the logger and tree guys around here and nobody was missing one and it's been a month so I'm claiming it as mine. Don't think I'll ever be this lucky again unless my bad luck comes back and the owner comes a wantin his saw. I would give it back I suppose if he could answer a few important questions first. But anyways that's another subject.image.jpg

Anyone see that 2171 on VT CL for $40?
I got it :D

Story was it was straight gassed early on and then ran on mix gas till it locked up. Clean low hour saw, I doubt it's had 10 tanks of fuel through it.
image.jpg

It's a bit dirty from storage but seriously low hours on this saw.

Tore into it and the jug actually looks fine. Very little transfer.
It's a shame, but the big end bearing tossed it's cookies :(
image.jpg image.jpg

So not a total "you suck" deal but once I source a good crank and replace that, I'll have a cherry 2171:clap:

Got this for free yesterday from a pawn shop buddy. The trigger is broken and the operator presence lever does not spring back. Manufactured in 2013 it is 4 cycle. Anyone know anything about them, who made it or where to find parts?

image.jpg

Got this for free yesterday from a pawn shop buddy. The trigger is broken and the operator presence lever does not spring back. Manufactured in 2013 it is 4 cycle. Anyone know anything about them, who made it or where to find parts?

image-jpg.420710

I believe Tractor Supply sells them, or at least used to. Don't know much about them though.

Anyone see that 2171 on VT CL for $40?
I got it :D

Story was it was straight gassed early on and then ran on mix gas till it locked up. Clean low hour saw, I doubt it's had 10 tanks of fuel through it.
View attachment 420693

It's a bit dirty from storage but seriously low hours on this saw.

Tore into it and the jug actually looks fine. Very little transfer.
It's a shame, but the big end bearing tossed it's cookies :(
View attachment 420695 View attachment 420696

So not a total "you suck" deal but once I source a good crank and replace that, I'll have a cherry 2171:clap:
Wow, that dude got hot!

Checked the oil in the free trimmer, put gas in it and pulled on it about 10 times and it is a runner! My Stihl/Echo dealer apparently sells them, will see if I can get a throttle so it is usable.

I got an old Yazoo lawnmower for $50 at an auction yesterday.. brought it home, did an oil change (rusty crud in there), cleaned the fuel tank and carb out and she fired up with a couple pulls.. will have a bit more work to do going over the bearings and rewelding a couple little cracks in it, but it's in pretty good shape.. I will post pics soon... it's a 36" twin blade with a 10hp briggs, and a 'tow behind' seat

OK, here's the Yazoo

I think that's a score for $50... I'm going to have to spend about $70 in new belts and a few new idler pulley bearings, but it isn't bashed up, engine runs good (after a bit of work), has sharp blades, clutches, brakes and gearboxes are all perfect... I know I wouldn't want to have to buy a machine built with that kind of quality today!

Latest posts

Back