• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 660 running project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Well it seems everyone wants a 066/660 project so here is one. The saw pictured is one of tons of 066 and 660's I have had through the years I do not have specific history on it. If I remember correctly it came to me with several others and Husky 395's from British Columbia. Several days ago was the first time I have touched it in a long time. My son took it a few years ago to buck logs on a logging job south of us that my brother bid and was behind on. I cannot speak to exactly what took place but I know when it came back the bar nose was tweaked. I pulled the bar and when I went to put the current bar on it I found one bar stud was starting to stripped in the case. I was a bit upset and I just shelved it. Well a gentleman asked about it a few days ago so I dug it out and it fired right up. I shot a short video. The gentleman that was asking about it has since found what he needed from a great member on this site which is the way the site should work. Last night I decided to dig a bit deeper and boy what I found was not pleasing. The rear bar stud is not just stripped it has moved around enough it has cracked the surface around it. This will need some major attention. I have tried taking pictures but my picture taking skills are worse than a 3 year old. I pulled the muffler tonight and took some pics of the piston. It looks good but the PTO side bolt going in the jug is darn near stripped. It will need a thread-sert. also the lower two mufflers bolts are missing for some reason as well as the exhaust gasket. I have told you what I know and I will do my best to post pics but I am not photographer. Of course the key question is always price. I am looking at $450 plus shipping. I think that is fair and reasonable. I feel this saw will make someone a decent little project to work on. Please ask questions and I will do my best to answer you with what I know.

It's very near to Christmas day. People are probably focused on that instead of buying chainsaws. Interest should pick up next week.
Well generally by this time I have already bought the presents for family. I always loved this time period as it was when I bought for myself. One of my favorite days of the year was he day after Thanksgiving. We went shopping and squared up all gifts by noon for kids and family. After that we were across the river to the gun shops and saw dealers..............good times

Well it seems everyone wants a 066/660 project so here is one. The saw pictured is one of tons of 066 and 660's I have had through the years I do not have specific history on it. If I remember correctly it came to me with several others and Husky 395's from British Columbia. Several days ago was the first time I have touched it in a long time. My son took it a few years ago to buck logs on a logging job south of us that my brother bid and was behind on. I cannot speak to exactly what took place but I know when it came back the bar nose was tweaked. I pulled the bar and when I went to put the current bar on it I found one bar stud was starting to stripped in the case. I was a bit upset and I just shelved it. Well a gentleman asked about it a few days ago so I dug it out and it fired right up. I shot a short video. The gentleman that was asking about it has since found what he needed from a great member on this site which is the way the site should work. Last night I decided to dig a bit deeper and boy what I found was not pleasing. The rear bar stud is not just stripped it has moved around enough it has cracked the surface around it. This will need some major attention. I have tried taking pictures but my picture taking skills are worse than a 3 year old. I pulled the muffler tonight and took some pics of the piston. It looks good but the PTO side bolt going in the jug is darn near stripped. It will need a thread-sert. also the lower two mufflers bolts are missing for some reason as well as the exhaust gasket. I have told you what I know and I will do my best to post pics but I am not photographer. Of course the key question is always price. I am looking at $450 plus shipping. I think that is fair and reasonable. I feel this saw will make someone a decent little project to work on. Please ask questions and I will do my best to answer you with what I know.
Bill you said you also had a 460 how much???

Latest posts

Back