3120 xp throttle cable replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boutselis

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have the cable. I just figured out it may be a lot more of a chore to do than I first thought. I don't see any clear way of getting the handle apart and I don't want to damage anything while figuring it out on my own.

Would some one please tell me how to do this? Thanks

I posted a few pics of the power head. I was told it had very little use and hadn't been cleaned. Looks pretty good so far.

Download this PDF and check out page 53 in the safety equipment section. It will tell you how to remove the trigger with the cable.

Download this PDF and check out page 53 in the safety equipment section. It will tell you how to remove the trigger with the cable.

I can't remember the specifics, but I don't remember it as very tricky.

What I can remember is with the 3120 it is very easy to carelessly crush the throttle cable when putting the top and cover back on. Make sure the throttle cable is routed correctly when putting the top back on the saw.

I can't remember the specifics, but I don't remember it as very tricky.

What I can remember is with the 3120 it is very easy to carelessly crush the throttle cable when putting the top and cover back on. Make sure the throttle cable is routed correctly when putting the top back on the saw.

Thanks for the tips guys.
I started working on it earlier by pushing the pins out. It was a little scary because I had no idea if they were supposed to come out. In case anyone finds this post. The pins are taped out and the pieces of the throttle taken off. The gas tank has to be loosened in order to slide the trigger out.

I'm gonna need the instructions Ron gave me because I can't figure out how to reattach the spring in the throttle assembly that pushes the trigger back down.

Over all.... I'll take a stihl with its removable handle plate and throttle linkage over this throttle cable stuff but this 3120 xp is pretty awesome.

Latest posts

Back