338xpt & recommended mods???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageayape

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a used 2000 338 xpt for $150. I think this one was made before the more powerful version came out. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do to get the most out of this saw? I'm not at all familiar with doing mods on saws (or anything else for that matter), but if there is something you guys would recommend, I'm all ears. I also have a 359 (non-cat) which I would like to get a little more power from. I'm not at all opposed to sending them to someone to have modifications performed, but I don't even know who to send them to... I know there are muffler mods which can be done, but is there anything else I should consider?

Last edited:
I thought I found a date on the saw, but if they weren't made in 2000, then I obviously found a number which means something else. I guess that's not really the important part anyway. I suppose I just need to find someone to do the muffler mods on my two saws.

Back