372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a purist's viewpoint, I agree.

But what you're missing is that this is marketing genius. Husky has found a way to keep one of their most popular saws of all time in the line up. It's still a very good saw and most guys won't know that anything has changed except that it uses less fuel.

It's awful contradictory for Stihl guys to criticize Husky for doing this, while at the same time lamenting the fact that the 440 is history. :cheers:

The performance of the x-torq 372 is going to have to be spot on with the old 372 if they want past users to keep buying the "372" name. husky should have named it another model I think. Even though I don't care for them, the "old" 372 was one of husky's flagships. I hope the new x-torq catches on with the old 372 crowd though.:cheers:

Stihl knew the 440 could not be replaced with a strato design and keep the "440" name. Hence the stay of the 460 and introduction of the 441. Rip 440...:cry:

That is a joke. We all know husky bought Redmax just for their strato design. husky could have saved a ton of money and just bought a 441 or asked Stihl for help.

2K, sometimes it's wise to remain silent if you don't know what you are talking about.

Do you really believe that Stihl, who invested millions in developing their own strato saws, would sell it to their biggest competitor, just to keep them competing...? Do you also have any clue how long it takes to develop such saw, have it thoroughly tested, and take it into production ? :dizzy:

2K, sometimes it's wise to remain silent if you don't know what you are talking about.

Which seems to be the case more and more often. Sometimes his posts are funny, but he takes the brand loyalty thing to such an extreme, that many of his posts no longer have any credibility. This is where so many threads devolve into a brand argument, because I want to respond to his drivel without insulting other Stihl fans, which is almost impossible to do. And even though I know better, I'm going to do it anyway. :cheers:

Of course Husky bought Red Max for their technology. What other reason could there be? It was a smart move. Perhaps Stihl should have done it themselves back when they bought all of those engines so they wouldn't get thrown out of California.

The MS362 is "Bad A"? More like "Fat A". It's a good saw, but the upcoming 560XP is far more advanced. I'm probably the only guy here that's run them both, and the Husky is significantly better. Sorry. Stihl needs to make a motion to the bull pen on this one.

The MS261 is the second coming, even though nobody has run it yet? Kind of silly to make such a boast without any facts to support it, isn't it? Faith might move mountains, but it doesn't make a saw run any better. But considering how good the 346 is, I suppose it's natural for guys like you to hope that your first round draft pick turns out to be a star instead of a bust.

The MS440 is one of the all time greats, and it's too bad that it's not around. But I'm sure lot's of you guys wish it was. Like I said before, it's pretty comical for you Stihl guys to be dumping on Husky for finding a way to keep the 372 in the line up, while wishing that Stihl had done the same thing with the 440.

From a purist's viewpoint, I agree.

But what you're missing is that this is marketing genius. Husky has found a way to keep one of their most popular saws of all time in the line up. It's still a very good saw and most guys won't know that anything has changed except that it uses less fuel.

It's awful contradictory for Stihl guys to criticize Husky for doing this, while at the same time lamenting the fact that the 440 is history. :cheers:

Excuse my being bitter. I totally get what you're saying. I'm doing my best to NOT be an ass about it. :)

But yeah I can't argue with the marketing I guess. If a company finds something that works, then why not go with it, right??

But the purist part that you mentioned, that's obviously what bugs me the most. But hey, it's good to know that one can just go buy a 372 years from now.

Is there any word on there being an "XPW XT"?? I'm mainly wondering if we'll see the 75cc cylinder as a strato as well....

Excuse my being bitter. I totally get what you're saying. I'm doing my best to NOT be an ass about it. :)

But yeah I can't argue with the marketing I guess. If a company finds something that works, then why not go with it, right??

But the purist part that you mentioned, that's obviously what bugs me the most. But hey, it's good to know that one can just go buy a 372 years from now.

But know that I don't hate or dislike the 372XT. It's not the saw, it's kinda the decisions that were made by the engineers that more or less are going to keep the 576 in the dark for a long time.

With keeping the 372 around the 576 just may never happen if you know what I mean. The same thing woulda happened with the 441 if Stihl kept the 440 around. But no one had a choice, you want a 70cc saw from Stihl you get one saw on the shelf, you don't get to pick. Now 4 years later the 441 has really proven to be one hell of a saw. I don't think the 576 is gonna get that kind of status with the 372 still in production. If the 576 ever "happens" as I put it, it's not gonna be for a real long time.....

Well, don't let 2K keep you from it. There are still a few posters around who know how to differentiate a sound technical debate from brand blinded oneliners :cheers:

I agree, Spike's one of the great guys around here, we don't want him going away now do we, he always has great posts.

Sure 2K like's to run his mouth, but all in all he is a good guy.

Stihl knew the 440 could not be replaced with a strato design and keep the "440" name. Hence the stay of the 460 and introduction of the 441. Rip 440...:cry:

Stihl knew that the 440 was out of date (regardless of how many people loved it)...it was what, a 20 year old design? 15? It had rubber AV mounts, which don't fly in the EU anymore, and old school air filtration. They took care of both of those items on all of their new saws...

I agree, Spike's one of the great guys around here, we don't want him going away now do we, he always has great posts.

Sure 2K like's to run his mouth, but all in all he is a good guy.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

2K actually is a great guy, and I like him. I guess the analogy there was that he kept splashing me with water, so I had to shove him in the pool. :clap:

how come no one has been able to list the spec weight and hp for the xt??????????????????? ????????????????? the rest is :spam:

Do you really believe that Stihl, who invested millions in developing their own strato saws, would sell it to their biggest competitor, just to keep them competing...? Do you also have any clue how long it takes to develop such saw, have it thoroughly tested, and take it into production ? :dizzy:

My friend Belgian, Dinger shot off a joke and so did I.;) I'd switch to echo if Stihl helped them.:laugh:

Of course Husky bought Red Max for their technology. What other reason could there be? It was a smart move. Perhaps Stihl should have done it themselves back when they bought all of those engines so they wouldn't get thrown out of California.

Stihl might should have bought Redmax but I think Deere was a better move to partner up with. I could care less for Cali, 90% of my gun collection would not make it across their state line. That is crazy..:dizzy:

The MS362 is "Bad A"? More like "Fat A". It's a good saw, but the upcoming 560XP is far more advanced. I'm probably the only guy here that's run them both, and the Husky is significantly better. Sorry. Stihl needs to make a motion to the bull pen on this one.

Fat A? The only person I have heard say that is Troll and I know he hasn't run one yet.:rolleyes: That is the same arguement from the past about the 440 and 441. Yup, 441 weighs a little more but also has more power. I got both and if my 044 wasn't a ported screamer, a ported 441 would be my main felling saw. I would have liked to have seen the 460 dropped and the 440 left to stay though.

I think its fair to say the 361 was/is loved and will be missed but the EPA has stopped it. If the 560 is better and "much more advanced", then good for husky.

The MS261 is the second coming, even though nobody has run it yet? Kind of silly to make such a boast without any facts to support it, isn't it? Faith might move mountains, but it doesn't make a saw run any better. But considering how good the 346 is, I suppose it's natural for guys like you to hope that your first round draft pick turns out to be a star instead of a bust.

There are a few out there and will be more to come. All operators have been very pleased. If it's a dud, its a dud. Not anything I can do about it. I got a few 026 and 260s to hold my back though. The 346 is a very nice saw, no doubt. It has the 260 beat on power, I'm sure this 261 will more than level the field. The last 3 stratos from Stihl have been killer, I don't see #4 being anything less.

The MS440 is one of the all time greats, and it's too bad that it's not around. But I'm sure lot's of you guys wish it was. Like I said before, it's pretty comical for you Stihl guys to be dumping on Husky for finding a way to keep the 372 in the line up, while wishing that Stihl had done the same thing with the 440.

I happy they left the 440 RIP and let the 441 be born. I would not like the idea of a 441 wearing the 440 badge. Plain and simple, the 372 should be left RIP also. Why in the he** is the 576 in the line up with the 372X-Torq? With Stihl in the 70cc saws, you can get the strato 441 or the standard 2 smoker 460. Easy choices there.

No shame in my brand loyalty. Stihl has worked for me fine, no need to invest in others when I have so many other parts and support. I can say that my first project husky has really gave me a fit. I tore down several Stihls and solved most of their problems but this 350 is kickin' my ***. I'm going to send it your way one day if it doesn't go under the tractor tire. I'd sell it if my buddy didn't port the top end for me.:cry:

Stihl knew that the 440 was out of date (regardless of how many people loved it)...it was what, a 20 year old design? 15? It had rubber AV mounts, which don't fly in the EU anymore, and old school air filtration. They took care of both of those items on all of their new saws...

A 20 year old design that led the path until it's death. I hear a lot of whineing about rubber AV mounts. I call that GHS.:D I'm not in EU and could care less that their folks aren't man enough to run a saw. I can run my 044 all weekend and not have a bit of hand problems, same with the 026. You haven't experienced bad vibes until you run a pos wally world pullon. I like the new springy Stihls but prefer the rubber if I had a choice. I never had a problem with the air filters either, they do their job. If you don't think a "air injected" system needs to be cleaned, I can find some pics.:laugh:

So none of your points fly with me.:D

2K nothing wrong with brand loyalty.
But the 361 has not proven itself to me- especially after Pops 029S outcut 67s at the GTG. Just saying, modded is a different story though.

And IDK why you cant get that 350 running, great little saws :) Maybe it is cursed

Long live the 372 :clap:
:cheers:

2K nothing wrong with brand loyalty.
But the 361 has not proven itself to me- especially after Pops 029S outcut 67s at the GTG. Just saying, modded is a different story though.

And IDK why you cant get that 350 running, great little saws :) Maybe it is cursed

Long live the 372 :clap:
:cheers:

That 029 is a screamer, everyone will back that up. I haven't run another 029 or 290 that has that much power. The 361s are nice but despartly need a muff mod to wake up.

I'm going to get that 350 running one day, LOL.:D

I have no beef with you, but if everyone was like you, then stihl wouldn't be making the changes that they are. You seem to be a minority; I think you should at least consider this possibility.

No beef here either. I'm a minority for sure, an American white male. Not so much when it comes to saws. People wondering what others think is why USA is in a mess now. Stihl changed because they were pushed. I know several here would agree the 440 needed nothing, surely not to be dropped from the line up.:cry:

Stihl was pushed by public health agencies, who had solid evidence to prove that the exposure to rubber mounts over the course of a couple of decades in the forest all but guaranteed the development of Raynauds and whitefinger syndrome. If you go to another forum where a higher number of the users actually cut wood for a living, you'll see them even telling the younger guys to steer clear of the rubber mounted stihl saws...

That's fine if you can use it for a weekend. However, again, these pro saws arent made for only weekend users. They're made for guys that have their hands glued to them several hours a day, every day.

Stihl was pushed by public health agencies, who had solid evidence to prove that the exposure to rubber mounts over the course of a couple of decades in the forest all but guaranteed the development of Raynauds and whitefinger syndrome. If you go to another forum where a higher number of the users actually cut wood for a living, you'll see them even telling the younger guys to steer clear of the rubber mounted stihl saws...

That's fine if you can use it for a weekend. However, again, these pro saws arent made for only weekend users. They're made for guys that have their hands glued to them several hours a day, every day.

Sure, whatever they say. I'd bet those figures are from when the Macs and Homelites were the top dogs, much more different than a 044/440. I'll keep running my rubber and springy Stihls. Maybe between the two my hands will be fine:cheers:

Sure, whatever they say. I'd bet those figures are from when the Macs and Homelites were the top dogs, much more different than a 044/440. I'll keep running my rubber and springy Stihls. Maybe between the two my hands will be fine:cheers:

You're missing the Irony completely.

Homelite had the Strato design Stihl got in the exchange, and Stihl was the one who pushed for the EPA mandate because they would end up with the only compliant design at first.

Stihl strato saws= Homelite designed Mill with filtration copied from Husky, mounted on AV copied from Husky to remain compliant..and sold in boutique green lawnmower shops. LOL!!!

And they are STUCK with the Homelite design while Redmax and Husky advance the concept past the Homie original.

Great saws. Just dead in the water for a while. Maybe it will buy 'em time to come up with something original other than 4-mix. LOL!!

Got any Pics of that 261? LOL!!!:cheers::cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back