562xp inner and outer wrap dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Alright, here we go. Got a couple sets in this morning and here's what the look like.

You get the roller chain catcher, both dawgs, all hardware needed including new bolts going into the case for the inner dawg. The bolts are all pre threadlocked to prevent loosening up.

b5f9f8c5.jpg

f2980e77.jpg

And I might add - buying the kit containing both inner and outer and hardware only costs a few bucks more than only the inner spike that doesn't come with the chain catcher or any hardware. And I forgot to post up the part number so you can order it via site sponsors or at your local dealer as they become available.

thanks for the info and the visual-

the stock inner dawg is almost worthless on the white pine I am cutting- it would be great to not chase around each tree :msp_thumbsup:

thanks for the info and the visual-

the stock inner dawg is almost worthless on the white pine I am cutting- it would be great to not chase around each tree :msp_thumbsup:

I just removed the inner dawg, with no intention of adding any - but I can see that they can be useful in other conditions. :msp_smile:

I just removed the inner dawg, with no intention of adding any - but I can see that they can be useful in other conditions. :msp_smile:

Here removing the inner dog is referred to as an east coast dog. Many run bumpers or nothing at all, getting that extra inch out of the lenght of the bar.

IMO, not having dawgs sucks ass when you are trying to buck wood. (in most scenarios)

You guys can say what you want, and if you don't want to run dawgs thats fine. But to say there is no purpose for them is nonsense. :D

I seem to use my dawgs alot on my saws, especially when felling larger trees on heavy slopes and such. Just makes cutting easier sometimes. When I need them, I'm glad they're there. And my chains are pretty sharp. ;)

Don't really seem to need them much for bucking, but for felling theyre pretty handy sometimes.

You guys can say what you want, and if you don't want to run dawgs thats fine. But to say there is no purpose for them is nonsense. :D

I seem to use my dawgs alot on my saws, especially when felling larger trees on heavy slopes and such. Just makes cutting easier sometimes. When I need them, I'm glad they're there. And my chains are pretty sharp. ;)

Don't really seem to need them much for bucking, but for felling theyre pretty handy sometimes.

:agree2: Yep, exactly!

:msp_rolleyes: I use them with new chains so its not a "sharp chain" thing. I find it easier. And apparently I'm not the only one judging by all the videos I see with people using them cutting logs.

:msp_rolleyes: I use them with new chains so its not a "sharp chain" thing. I find it easier. And apparently I'm not the only one judging by all the videos I see with people using them cutting logs.

How come you only have new chain? - and even new chain need a stroke or two with a file! Also, they will need to be sharpened pretty soon, there are no way around that! :msp_confused:

Actually, I do find one need for dawgs when bucking, and that is when you're bucking a log thats thicker than your bar is long. Reaching over the log and dawging in to cut through the backside first, then making the rest of the cut. I would'nt want to do that without the dawgs.

I hope that makes sense.:laugh: I can't seem to find the right words to explain myself.

The only time to take the dawgs off is cutting cants for time. Other than that a work saw without them is going to double your work if there's any felling of any good sized trees.

Back