562xp inner and outer wrap dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huskydude

huskydude

ArboristSite Guru
How come you only have new chain? - and even new chain need a stroke or two with a file! Also, they will need to be sharpened pretty soon, there are no way around that! :msp_confused:

I use them with new chains as well as old chains. My point being its not just a "sharp chain" thing. No #### they need to be sharpened soon! You mean they don't last forever?

If you need spikes to buck logs you need to learn how to sharpen a chain.

You don't NEED spikes to buck a log or fell a tree. But, then again, you don't NEED a chainsaw to cut. You could use an axe. Just like you use a chainsaw to ease the work and do it faster, you do the same with dogs. if you do not know how to use dogs to make your work easier and faster, the loss is yours.

MHouse1028

MHouse1028

ArboristSite Operative
i know when im spiked into a tree 80 feet in the air...I tend to find a purpose for my dawgs..and they seem to have a purpose when falling large dia tree's but then again i use my saw for work not cutting noodle's in the backyard haha

hamish

hamish

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
You guys can say what you want, and if you don't want to run dawgs thats fine. But to say there is no purpose for them is nonsense. :D

Don't really seem to need them much for bucking, but for felling theyre pretty handy sometimes.

For felling yes..............bucking, not really required. There is a purpose for them bucking is not one of them if you have suited the saw to the task at hand. Not everybody cuts the same species of wood. Most of the time I see dawgs being used is while bucking so the operator and lean more on the saw, few can use them as a pivot point when felling

Anthony_Va.

Anthony_Va.

XPW Fan Club
For felling yes..............bucking, not really required. There is a purpose for them bucking is not one of them if you have suited the saw to the task at hand. Not everybody cuts the same species of wood. Most of the time I see dawgs being used is while bucking so the operator and lean more on the saw, few can use them as a pivot point when felling

Hey man, I understand if you have your own techniques, but mine require using dawgs. I have a 32" bar on my 660 and it weighs probably 20+ pounds full of fuel. When I throw it over a 40+" Oak log and have to climb halfway over it and hang my saw over the back side of the log to start my cut I find it easier, and more productive to use my dogs. I've fell timber in the industry for 4+ years and the way I use my saws seem to work fine for me. I've been falling timber half my life outside of the industry. There's many a man here that could put me to shame but thats not the point.

Explain to me why my 660 isnt suited to cutting 40" timber?

Last edited:
mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
If you don't have dawgs on the saw it's hard to buck wood and hold your beer at the same time. Get it started with both hands and then you can get a drink and buck wood:potstir:

:hmm3grin2orange::help::hmm3grin2orange:

hamish

hamish

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hey man, I understand if you have your own techniques, but mine require using dawgs. I have a 32" bar on my 660 and it weighs probably 20+ pounds full of fuel. When I throw it over a 40+" Oak log and have to climb halfway over it and hang my saw over the back side of the log to start my cut I find it easier, and more productive to use my dogs. There's many a man here that could put me to shame but thats not the point.

Explain to me why my 660 isnt suited to cutting 40" timber?

It is suited to what you are cutting, no question about it.

Would you use your dogs on your 660 with 32" bar while bucking a 16" oak? That was my intended point

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Actually, I do find one need for dawgs when bucking, and that is when you're bucking a log thats thicker than your bar is long. Reaching over the log and dawging in to cut through the backside first, then making the rest of the cut. I would'nt want to do that without the dawgs.

I hope that makes sense.:laugh: I can't seem to find the right words to explain myself.

I do it quite often without dawgs, and it is no issue with the light 50-60cc saws! :msp_smile:

I don't think Troll actually cuts trees. I think he just reads books. ;)

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That is why I keep a dawg on one of my saws (the 372xpg)....:biggrinbounce2:

I thought you danced while you bucked wood?

1547215-1.png

SPYDERHITCH

SPYDERHITCH

ArboristSite Lurker
Alright, here we go. Got a couple sets in this morning and here's what the look like.

You get the roller chain catcher, both dawgs, all hardware needed including new bolts going into the case for the inner dawg. The bolts are all pre threadlocked to prevent loosening up.

b5f9f8c5.jpg

f2980e77.jpg

Hey TK, I was curious to see a pic of the new dogs on your 562. Is that part number a husqvarna part number? I have been looking for a LONG time for the felling dogs.

Latest posts