Bad news ... SkippyKTM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this is a shocker. Have not seen him post in a while. I went to a great gtg at his place 4 or 5 years ago. Great guy, and a sweet family. He was building a post and beam house in the back of his property I think from milled timbers. I remember leaving real impressed with the guy. This sucks. Rest in peace.

That sucks :( I was thinking of him the other day when I was digging around for parts I needed for a Husky project in my shop. Chris bailed me out last year on a 266 I was working on and screwed up a cylinder. We were exchanging PM's around the time AS started crashing. We got our wires crossed and we got pissed at each other. We exchanged phone numbers and settled all the issues we had... which were all caused by disappearing PM's. We had some laughs and I ended up buying several parts from his. He was a good dude and invited me to visit if I ever made it over to the eastern half to the country.

I'm going to clear an acre of trees on Monday. I think I will run that 266 in his honor.

Wow this is a shocker. Have not seen him post in a while. I went to a great gtg at his place 4 or 5 years ago. Great guy, and a sweet family. He was building a post and beam house in the back of his property I think from milled timbers. I remember leaving real impressed with the guy. This sucks. Rest in peace.
Last year, when I was buying an 024 cylinder from him, he was just finishing up the roof.

funny how I had this romanticized mental image of checking out on nighttime walk in the crisp cold winter air
and it doesn't sound so bad at first.
But then i think back on what a couple of heart attack survivors have told me about having one.

SkippyKTM; I liked him from the first time we conversed on here. My condolences to his family.
so sorry to hear -may GOD bless his family! i bought several saws from him and sent saws to him for repair.always did great work.i will sincerely miss him-he helped me out on several hard to fix saw issues,was very knowledgeable,and always ready to take care of any issue that i discussed/sent to him for repair.some of the saws that i have sold on this website were originally purchased from him(254xp &262xp that Stephen purchased and sent to Mastermind,the immaculate 288xp that Brad Snelling purchased fom me,3120 and 372xpw,etc.)in honor/respect of how he helped me over the past several years i have a husqvarna 262xp(almost mint-a few superficial defects but functionally perfect) that he found for me/i purchased it from him.i would like to auction it and donate the proceeds to his wife and son in his honor.please let others know-i will try to post pictures.

(setting aside my AS boycott for now .. )

I just got off the phone with Chris Singer's (SkippyKTM) wife Lynn ... she told me that Chris had a coronary attack and passed away last night while out for a walk.

Although never actually meeting, Chris and I had become good friends through many Skype calls.

Chris always had advice for me and was a really good mechanic (not just confined to saws).

His family, especially his son (his 'partner in crime') will really miss him, I'm sure.

He lived over in Ashford, CT ... his wife mentioned that the obituary would be in the Hartford paper soon.

Gonna miss ya, buddy.

Ted,
I hope you direct his family to this tribute thread. Some times it helps to know how many "more friends" a man has.

Never met the man but I did enjoy reading his thoughts on this board.

Here's 1 Trillion rep points too you ...

I'm very sorry for the loss to his Family and Friends as well as the As community.

Ted,
I hope you direct his family to this tribute thread. Some times it helps to know how many "more friends" a man has.
My thoughts exactly. The people on this forum are like family to me. I will sure miss seeing skippyktm's posts and hope his family knows they are in my thoughts and prayers. DW

Latest posts

Back