What tree were you in on 9/11

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a root canal done that morning, came out of the office and turned on the radio. Expected the normal banter from the Jeff and Mark show out of Toledo was I ever dumb founded. I wish they would have rebuilt the towers and added a large arm with the middle finger extended facing Mecca on the top. Never give an inch!!!!

Was driving to pick up a co-worker. Was listening to Mancow when it happend. Cant remember if I was on my way to get the other guy or if he was already with me but im pretty sure i had already picked him up. Cant remember any thing but splitting firewood that morning and the boss saying we should bang out as much work as possible cuz he figured the economy would go to crap after that. He was right. By the end of that day my answering machine was full of messages from every side job I had booked cancelling. I remember trying to get gas later that evening, and all the stations were jammed. Oh, and another co-worker disapeared. Turned out his aunt worked at the pentagon, and he walked home to call her.

I wish they would have rebuilt the towers and added a large arm with the middle finger extended facing Mecca on the top. Never give an inch!!!!

:laugh: The visual in my head of that is freaking cracking me up....That's good stuff. I can just see some Asian tourist taking pictures of the new Trade Center. That's awesome.

I was working AT the Pentagon. :mad:

attachment.php

I was working at a high end country club, the Super's sister worked in a building across the street from the WTC complex. He was stressing it untill family called in saying she had called in sick that morning.

I can still remember him walking out to talk on his cell, just before the collapse, I walked out and told him they were gone. He looked at me blankly and had to walk in to see the replays.

In the past i had often thought that disaster movie shots looked fake....that looked just like a disaster movie FX shot.

I was driving a truck[hauling containers] at the time,
Was sitting in a little breakfast cafe across from the mmaersk-sealand port in Mt. pleasant S.Carolina.[Charelston]

Just had my food brought to me when the first plane hit.I was thinking what a horrible accident.

Was also reminding myself to call my baby sister,and wish her a happy 30th birthday after I ate.
Couldn't call sis untill 11:00 pm . finally got through to wife about 9:30 that night.

Side note:
Was sitting at that same lil cafe 4 months later 1-2-02 when it started snowing there .First time in 17 yrs they claimed.
That was the same day they shut down the airport at atlanta.
I got stuck that day trying to make it to Augusta Ga.,but they did not have snow plows down there ,just some state workers in flatbed trucks with sand and shovels. What a mess. Spent the night chillin at the truckstop.When you run in the south,you don;t have no stinking snow chains.

Those 2 days that started out in that little cafe,520 mile from home will be in my memory forever.

I was in my senior year of high school walking into first period when the first plane hit. We only went half day because of it so my buddies and I spent the rest of the day squirrel hunting. Only funny part of the day came when we rolled up to my one friends place to pick him up in a olive Jeep in BDU's my buddies mom flipped thinking we were military(he was 18) coming to get her son.

I was in my kitchen waiting to use the bathroom. I heard a loud bang and thought to myself, "must be blasting some rock to build something." A little later my gf told me in a very broken voice to come in front of the tv. I remember the sick feeling in my stomach for the people who were involved in the crash. I was also suspect it was an attack within seconds. The next three weeks were eerily quite in NYC. Our apartment was in the stream of smoke which smelled of chemicals and burnt your eyes and throat. The streets were quiet and there were no cars. Buses would pass with rescuers going back and forth for the site it was a horror scene. It took three weeks for life to come back to some sort of normal. The empty feeling in my stomach from the horror of those days will remain in me forever.

Where I was on 9/11,

Well it has been a while since I have been here one Arborist Site but I am back.

I feel young reading through the other post, but I was in the 8th grade when America was Attacked.

I was making breakfast and I just turned the TV right after the first plane had hit. I ran into my parents room and both of them were just shocked. I went to a middle school in a suburb of San Diego, CA - El Cajon CA. The middle school is very diverse with a high population of Chaldians - a individual normally from the Middle East who has converted to Christianity and become and American.

The tensions were were very high that day with many fights.

Every class we watched the news and talked about the tragedy that had occur ed.

I cried that day, to watch something like that to America was incredibly tough.

A very sad day in our history books.

God Bless America.

yeah,i was freaked.

Ditto to the sick joke. I though it was some sort of hoax myself. My wife was in tears and we don't know a soul in NYC. She has a big heart.

i didn't believe it til i heard it on about 10 different radio stations.when the guy i trust on the AM down there in the morning said it happened i believed it.

i agree.

I was working in Richmond, had just started job a few weeks earlier. Someone came out of store near where we were working and told us a plane crashed into the towers. I called home to find my wife in tears, we both had family & friends that worked there. Originally from NYC I knew the towers well, they were a nighttime landmark for many nights out on my boat in the bays around NYC. I had a job down the street from them for a while and spent a few lunch hours wandering around the plaza and riding the elevators to the top. Folks that I worked with in VA had no idea the size of the buildings, they were confused as to how a plane could hit a building. Tallest thing in Richmond is less than 20 stories. Trying to explain how each tower had its own zip code only drew blank stares. You had to see the towers to believe them. Pictures/video do no justice. Lost some friends in the disaster some were never found, family all made it out OK. some were off that day, or just decided to call in sick for whatever reason. It saddens me now that they have not been rebuilt, I am an advocate that they should be put up exactly as they were.

they should rebuild them exactly like they were.this government is a disgrace to the folks that lost their lives that day by dragging their butts for so long.

too much ring kissing and back patting going on.cut the crap and get something done!

I was sitting in an Emergency Medical Service class taking continuing education in order to keep my NREMTcard. That evening I was in NY across from where the Twin Towers had been. They had called Delaware for a fleet of ambulances. Fortunately, there were not as many injured as what they first anticipated and so we where able to return home. I had driven charter bus up to NY many times and the Twin Towers were always one of the first things we saw coming up the pike. It was a sad depressing day!

...the t.v.. The first tower was already hit, CNN was talking to an expert, blah, blah, I just happened to look up to see the second plane hit....

I was at my dad's hospital bedside and that's what happened to us.

StihlRockin'

I miss and love you much dad.

It is amazing on how the brain just locks on to the events that change history.

I was working for United States Gypsum Co drilling core holes to find out thet quality of gypsum deposit was in the area. It was a cool morning and we had drilled down 37 feet and was having some problems with getting stuck in the hole. The radio came on and was getting reports of what was going on in New York City. Not much core drilling for the rest of the day.

My wife was in a plane and was sitting on the runway getting ready to come back to Oklahoma from California. My teen daughters was just wanting mom to just come home.

America is strong, but boy do we need to return to our core values.

Latest posts

Back