BE JEALOUS! Be veerrryyyy jealous!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know listed retail is $649.99... but i believe it was a limited one time run, and i doubt any distributors have any left, if they ever got any at all. I know my distributor got a total of 10, and doesn't expect any more.

Very cool

Here is the info saved on the bars 2014 posted on chainsaw repair site. Videos etc. Bar info at end. Will try and CP some. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/stihl/carbon-fiber-fuel-injection/

Stihl is offering up the 25" Carbon fiber bar just like on the carbon concept saw.
They are autographed by Hans Peter Stihl, and come in a display box
They only made 500 for world wide sale.
Only $749.95

I was wondering about the weight difference in the bars.

http://www.stihl.com/incredible-but-not-impossible.aspx

With its latest development, STIHL has set a new standard when it comes to the system power-to-weight ratio of chain saws. Weighing in at just 780 grammes, the STIHL Rollomatic ES Carbon is the world's lightest 63 cm guide bar. That's over 800 grammes less than a conventional chain saw (Rollomatic ES) with a guide bar of equal length – a weight reduction of more than 50%.

Our latest development is a shining example of STIHL's philosophy of constantly improving performance and safety while making its products lighter and easier to use. Users are the first to benefit from this focus on progress.

Thanks to the STIHL Rollomatic ES Carbon, we will be able to cut the weight of our chain saws considerably in the future. Less weight combined with the same reliable performance is a major plus for forest professionals. Even though the carbon guide bar will only be available as a special limited edition, it demonstrates that we continue down the path set by company founder Andreas Stihl of making it easier for people to work and live with nature.
GUIDE BAR HAVING A CARBON FIBER REINFORCED PLASTIC INSERT
United States Patent Application 20140250701
Kind Code:A1

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20140250701.pdf

A guide bar for a chain saw has an elongate main body of steel. The main body has flat sides and upper and lower peripheries defining a guide groove for a saw chain. An elongate window is formed in the main body between the peripheries and is filled with an insert made of a fiber composite material made up of resin and fibers. The fibers are in the direction of the longitudinal axis of the main body. The insert includes a plurality of fiber layers that are bonded with resin. A central layer is formed from a fiber layer and the fibers thereof are at an angle to the longitudinal axis. Two fiber layers having fibers oriented in the direction of the longitudinal axis of the main body are on both sides of the central layer. The inner fiber layers are covered outwardly by a woven fabric.

Inventors:
Amend, Helmar (Ludwigsburg, DE)
Von Hiller, Christoph (Stuttgart, DE)
Fuchs, Alexander (Bietigheim-Bissingen, DE)
Rominger, Christine (Stuttgart, DE)
Schulz, Matthias (Freiberg am Neckar, DE)
Lank, Jonas (Winnenden, DE)
Uhl, Klaus-martin (Plochingen, DE)
Application Number:
14/198306
Publication Date:
09/11/2014
Filing Date:
03/05/2014
Export Citation:
Click for automatic bibliography generation
Assignee:
Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG (Waiblingen, DE)
Primary Class:
30/383
International Classes:
B27B17/02

Okay, It ain't signed by one of the Stihl family members, or by Joe Cox either.
But I can tell you that it is worth 'liking' Oregon on social media.
This contest recently ran on their FaceBook page.
(36", 3/8/.063/114DL, D025)
And it certainly ain't made out of graphite (5lbs, 4oz)!

Oregon Portland Timbers Bar.jpg

image.jpeg

Philbert

Back