Custom Made Tuned Pipe (Fundraiser For Adirondackstihl)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a perfect saw for this I don't know why I dident think of it earlier stihl ms251cbe come on folks we all know a "true hot saw is one that cuts all day reliably not one that cuts fast " ........ 325$ and it goes on my 251 its allreaddy got the easy2start ..... Gonna need a decomp installed tho ..... Will a tuned pipe work with flippy caps or will they need to be safety wired ????

Jesse

Ok so I'm a idiot when it comes to posting vids I asked jeremy to post them for me .these two vids were made 10 min apart today. I used my 460 firewood saw on muffler then switched to a pipe I had for a gas 460 race saw...even though the pipe was made for more ex timing it seemed to help a little...also I didn't even retune the carb in between runs..just didn't have time!lol

If it's an alky pipe the extra length will normally add more over rev, that doesn't mean they will actually make more power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Oh I so wanna see a piped 251
With a melted down 361 project saw kicking around and a 440 in bad need of a refresh I somehow don't think the 251 would end up with the pipe but I do like to bust balls ...... I think I would have to forfeit my fornicator if I dident chose a more appropriate saw....

Jesse

Can a small pipe be put on a firewood work saw/ csm PH saw without affecting to much longevity, would be on a 660 or possible a oleo mac 999

Can a small pipe be put on a firewood work saw/ csm PH saw without affecting to much longevity, would be on a 660 or possible a oleo mac 999
Correct me if im wrong but The size of the pipe is determined by the displacement as well as the port timing ..... I ran my 390 with the pipe I built for fire wood and some milling ..... It was the milling that broke the pipe in half I put the muffler back on it now still runs fine I probibally had around 10 hrs on it before the pipe quit I would run an entire tank of fuel at a rip with no problems .... This was also in January and also with blatant disregard for the saw ....

Jesse

I might also add that I'm no authority on tuned pipes and mine I think I did a decent job on it but it was really just a half baked I'm going insane winter stuck living in town gotta do something need more space I hate my neighbors squirle - project I'm sure the pipe up for auction will be of Superior quality and performance

Jesse

I might also add that I'm no authority on tuned pipes and mine I think I did a decent job on it but it was really just a half baked I'm going insane winter stuck living in town gotta do something need more space I hate my neighbors squirle - project I'm sure the pipe up for auction will be of Superior quality and performance

Jesse

Okay, so you just admit you don't know too much about expansion chambers. Kewl. $354.86.

Latest posts

Back