Custom Made Tuned Pipe (Fundraiser For Adirondackstihl)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the pipe for Auction be a single stage or multi stage diffuser? His pipes look good and what a fantastic guy to offer his time/expertise to help out a fellow member in need. lmpressive!!
For gas saws I usually do a two stage design...alky saws seem to like the added volume of a single stage like the one pictured

2b7977b25c9eca502fd1d70dc8848c37.jpg
two stage

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does the stinger come inside the pipe......say half way up the baffle? Do you find much fine tuning is required during fabrication through trial and error or do you find your designs will bolt on and perform well straight off the bat? Would port time area/duration need to be changed on a stock Solo 681 to benefit most from exhaust tuning? Sorry 4 all the questions but l have wanted to pipesaw a 681 for a while....l have a NOS(new old stock, not nitros) 681 ready for the project. Some of your bikesaws are better to look at than victoria secret models.

Does the stinger come inside the pipe......say half way up the baffle? Do you find much fine tuning is required during fabrication through trial and error or do you find your designs will bolt on and perform well straight off the bat? Would port time area/duration need to be changed on a stock Solo 681 to benefit most from exhaust tuning? Sorry 4 all the questions but l have wanted to pipesaw a 681 for a while....l have a NOS(new old stock, not nitros) 681 ready for the project. Some of your bikesaws are better to look at than victoria secret models.
Port timing for pipe saws is usually a good bit different from stock.

Port timing for pipe saws is usually a good bit different from stock.
Obviously......but what do we need to do to a port map that centered around a tin can as an exhaust. Do we want more transfer duration? Increase port area? Raise/lower exhaust port or alter the pipe to achieve the desired power curve and rpm? l realise there is different ways of getting a similar result and there may be more than one 'right way'.

What material are you building these pipes out of ?? I built a pipe with that java calculator I found on a rc page somewhere put it on a ms390 was loud felt really strong in the cut had alot of fun wasted tons of time dad thoight it was foolishly cool and then it broke in half despite the support bracket mid pipe .... Broke about an inch from the exhaust port it was just some cold rolled 20ga ..... My pipe turned almost 180 degrees and came back along the clutch side..... I don't know why I did it that way but I liked it why pray tell dose it seem everyone else goes lefty ???? Oh yeah and I don't know what it will go on but I'm finishing up a cleanup today so I'll put that money on the pipe if it goes well... just have to promise not to tell my old lady ......... How would you suggest handling the rest of the mods to the saw to make it run proper if someone was starting with a stock saw ??? I'll post my bid tonight if the job goes well

Jesse

Obviously......but what do we need to do to a port map that centered around a tin can as an exhaust. Do we want more transfer duration? Increase port area? Raise/lower exhaust port or alter the pipe to achieve the desired power curve and rpm? l realise there is different ways of getting a similar result and there may be more than one 'right way'.
Yes and yes. Usually the exhaust is raised about 10 degrees from stock at minimum. Blowdown is lengthened. I can't remember all of it right now. Brett will be able to tell you more in sure.

A expansion pipe will work with any port timing be it stock or race porting...as long as the pipe is set for that particular engine. A pipe will improve performance on a stock engine but a pipe will bring more hp on a engine with with more blowdown..which means more ex dur. For example a pipe set to run at 12000 rpm on a engine with 195 degrees of ex will be longer than a pipe on a engine with 165 degrees of ex at same rpm be cause the port opens later...as for the material I use 22 gauge for the pipe and 18 gauge right at the header..haven't had one break yet..knock on wood. ..most of the time I build them up to the left because of balance of the saw for cold start racing...but can configure it anyway they want

Latest posts

Back