Deal or no deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Bennett

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A guy I know wants to bring me 3 saws that are not running. He says If I fix two I can have the third. I have not seen them yeat but he says they are 017,290, and 440. I told him I will look at them and see how much work they will take. If he pays for parts it is a no brainer, But knowing this guy He is not gona want to pay for parts. Based on that would you do it if you could keep the 440? My bet is they all need new p/c and probably more. I will post Pics when I get them.

You're right...It really depends on which of the three saws he is willing to part with and the condition of them. I have had friends bring saws to me that needed new fuel lines and a good carb cleaning. I would take a good inventory prior to agreeing to the deal.

You have to buy the parts?

A repaired 044 is only worth $400 or so

I have a lot of parts for 290s and some for 440, Never touched an 017.

Im hoping I can do the smaller ones for under 100 bucks. I may go as much as 150 or 200 if I can keep the 440 and it does not need a lot of parts. That is my best hope. I will know more when I pick them up this weekend.

Back