Need correct flywheel for 066 magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbraun23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased this saw. The previous owner rebuilt the engine and told me it originally came with a poly flywheel but he switched it to this metal one that has no numbers on it. The saw will not start. I am pretty sure it has the wrong flywheel because it makes spark, but it wont fire at all. The ignition that is on the saw doesn't have any part numbers on it either.

My current crank shaft uses a M10x1 nut.

Which flywheel should I purchase ?
I found a dual keyway flywheel on ebay part number (1122 400 1209 / 1214) with X and P, but it does not specify what size crankshaft this is for and I don't want to accidentally but a flywheel that uses the M8 sized crankshaft.

Heres some pics of my saw. Any help would really be appreciated!

Attachments

• flywheel.jpeg
    flywheel.jpeg
    980 KB · Views: 1
  • serial number.jpeg
    serial number.jpeg
    866.2 KB · Views: 0
  • right side.jpeg
    right side.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • left side.jpeg
    left side.jpeg
    980.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ignition.jpeg
    ignition.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
This should be interesting.
The 1122 saws can get confusing when it comes to ignitions- certain flywheels need to suit certain coils- but you have to have numbers on them to figure out which is which.

No markings on an alloy flywheel for a poly wheel saw kind of leads you down the aftermarket path of cheap as chips bits and looks like coil is unmarked as well?
So possibly they match because they came from the same place- the Farmertec range of products.

Did the saw ever run after you got it? Was running then stopped?
Maybe it sparks fine but there are other aftermarket parts under the hood causing your problems?
Maybe you need to pop the muffler and take a look at the piston?

Thanks for the reply ! I just picked up the saw in this condition and haven’t gotten it running yet. It’s a brand new rebuild. The piston and cylinder look great. I used a spark tester and it has spark but I think it’s firing at the wrong time. Do you know if this flywheel will fit on my M10 crankshaft

Attachments

• 94B9575A-A339-4ABD-BE9B-B62C73F46A1D.png
    94B9575A-A339-4ABD-BE9B-B62C73F46A1D.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the reply ! I just picked up the saw in this condition and haven’t gotten it running yet. It’s a brand new rebuild. The piston and cylinder look great. I used a spark tester and it has spark but I think it’s firing at the wrong time. Do you know if this flywheel will fit on my M10 crankshaft

Chucking parts at something that is not broke is a guessing game.
Unless the flywheel has shifted and timinig is all to heck- spark is spark.

Brand new rebuild that does not run? Something dodgey going on there.

Chucking parts at something that is not broke is a guessing game.
Unless the flywheel has shifted and timinig is all to heck- spark is spark.

Brand new rebuild that does not run? Something dodgey going on there.
I have seen many brand new rebuilds with sheared crank key from the nut not being torqued down tight enough. OP should pull the flywheel and inspect the key before buying another flywheel.

I have seen many brand new rebuilds with sheared crank key from the nut not being torqued down tight enough. OP should pull the flywheel and inspect the key before buying another flywheel.
Totally agree- first find the problem- then buy parts needed.

The 1290/1214 flywheel will not fit your saw. That flywheel is for the early 066 which used a different crank and the earlier cranks have a flywheel side stub shaft which is a different taper and diameter. The flywheel you need is the 1122 400 1217 poly flywheel. The flywheel the previous owner purchased is aftermarket.

As Chris mentioned, your ignition is probably the 0000 400 1300 coil, which is also incorrect for this saw. The ignition you need is the 1122 400 1314 coil which is timed specifically to work with the poly flywheel. The 1314 coil has the number 1314 cast into it and is more squared-off in shape on the left side (side facing outward).

Latest posts

Back