dirt inside air filter of 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a pretty new filter and i still get dirt inside. i used some gorilla tape to see if that helps. in the second pic you can see it doesn't close properly but the last filter i had was the same way.View attachment 483828 View attachment 483829 View attachment 483830
are you talking about that lil rectangle hole on the side of the filter? cause I think thats so you can pry the 2 halves apart? or if your talking about the gap between the 2 halves mine has always looked like that. I think its the way they are made. could be wrong though.

Properly maintained and you should be fine, you should try the outdoor power equipment forum, most of the knowledgable chainsaw guys from here are over there now.
hmm what happened? trolls? politics?

are you talking about that lil rectangle hole on the side of the filter? cause I think thats so you can pry the 2 halves apart? or if your talking about the gap between the 2 halves mine has always looked like that. I think its the way they are made. could be wrong though.
the gap at the lower corners below the pry hole.

on my 026 I note some very minor debris - almost none inside the filter. more so a trace. after a recent tank of fuel. what did u decide to to? anything? if so what were the results? even with the choke hole area some what open I really do not get any crud inside. in any event, I would ensure a real sharp chain with rakers set rite to keep kerf in bigger bits n pcs... run it again and note discharge patterns off the chain... maybe u inadvertently got some dust over filter cover that got sucked in... good thread makes us 026 owners double check our filters... lol... thanks!

on my 026 I note some very minor debris - almost none inside the filter. more so a trace. after a recent tank of fuel. what did u decide to to? anything? if so what were the results? even with the choke hole area some what open I really do not get any crud inside. in any event, I would ensure a real sharp chain with rakers set rite to keep kerf in bigger bits n pcs... run it again and note discharge patterns off the chain... maybe u inadvertently got some dust over filter cover that got sucked in... good thread makes us 026 owners double check our filters... lol... thanks!
I haven't been cutting for the last week or so. been working on the log lift build. but I was just gonna buy a new filter. but I think the grease around the choke lever is a good idea.

I'm pretty meticulous about cleaning my saws. Whenever the stop button or the choke lever doesn't work I clean it or every 200 cords whichever comes 1st. Spidy is right though the sawdust mustn't hurt too much or this saw would have calved long ago. I blow off the outside quite often but never took the cover off until the stop button quit working. I then checked my 056 and it was the same just not quite as bad. I bought all new filters anyway just in case something was warped, missing or just toast. That's the trouble with having too many saws when one quits you just pick up another. Never get time to fix them.
View attachment 482707 View attachment 482708 View attachment 482709
Don't know why you don't close ur choke on the 44 before you pull the filter off. It's common practice for me on any saw with a inboard choke

Latest posts

Back