• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026 powerhead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Almost complete 026 powerhead for parts or project. Missing the air filter cover, at least 1 screw, gas tank vent and I don't know what else. Lots of good parts. The plastics look to have good color underneath the grime that settled on it over the years. Has the rim hub sprocket, handles and gas tank look good. It set long enough the fuel line fell apart and inside the the tank needs a googood cleaning. Good spark, but couldn't get it to pop so I removed the muffler and found the piston looks shot like its been straight gassed. Price coming .
Will aim to post more pics later.

Attachments

• 20240130_024504.jpg
    20240130_024504.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240130_024603.jpg
    20240130_024603.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240130_025516.jpg
    20240130_025516.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Pros w/compensator AF had adjustable WT-426 carbs.

It has a pro cover, the decomp hole is plugged. Is it a pro?
I think when they went to the compensating carb they both both took the same cover. They just put a plug in the non pro since it didn't have a decompression button.
It does have hi and lo adjustments. I think it was for a time before compensating carbs they only had the lo adjustment screw.

Pros w/compensator AF had adjustable WT-426 carbs.

It has a pro cover, the decomp hole is plugged. Is it a pro?
FWIW, I have had 3 PRO’s come thru my place that I fixed up and sold. All three had comp carbs w/o adjustable H circuits. They had a little white plug blocking the H hole. This one is mine and has been ported, so it has an adjustable H circuit. However, the air filter cover remains sans adjustment pic for the H screw. If they came with adjustable carbs, I haven’t seen one yet. image.jpg

My 026 has the adjustable high and low but it's not the "pro" model with the decomp button, it does have an adjustable oiler but I don't know if it's original or not as I got the saw in a trade for doing some work.

My 026 has the adjustable high and low but it's not the "pro" model with the decomp button, it does have an adjustable oiler but I don't know if it's original or not as I got the saw in a trade for doing some work.
I have the same thing in a 260 badge.
No decomp adjustable oil pump and carb H.

I had a pro I used for i believe a couple years thereabouts. Pretty sure it had hi and lo both. I adjust my card frequently and only remember 1 or 2 026's coming to me with out the hi adjustment. I expect i had 10 to 20 or more I fiddled with over the years.
So I expect they varied 1 screw carbs on them differently over the years may be some areas got more of the lo adjustment screw only. Certainly I haven't remembered many around here.

Latest posts

Back