• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026 powerhead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I have had 3 PRO’s come thru my place that I fixed up and sold. All three had comp carbs w/o adjustable H circuits. They had a little white plug blocking the H hole. This one is mine and has been ported, so it has an adjustable H circuit. However, the air filter cover remains sans adjustment pic for the H screw. If they came with adjustable carbs, I haven’t seen one yet. View attachment 1149403
They certainly could have been produced with both I suppose. The above is what I have learned from my experience.

It's an EPA thing. I believe the early USA pros came with the WT-426. IPL shows the for Canada.

The covers swap. You can make a WT-194 a compensator swaping covers, or a WT-426 non-compensator.

wt-426.png

IMG_5678.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI’m so glad I found this. While I can’t be absolutely certain, I’m betting I swapped the cover from this to a new WT-194 on one of the Pro’s that came thru. The 194’s were so inexpensive once, it was easier to just put a new one on.

Back