Does anyone have specs on a Jonsered 520 SP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadouthat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I retrieved a Jonsered 520 SP that I had purchased in 1983, used to cut several cords of woods and then kept for the past 20 years in a (very) remote cabin. I used it sporadically after that on stays there but hadn't run it at all for several years. Since I spend so little time in the area now, I brought the saw to town. What I'm amazed at is how light and powerful it is. The antivib is good and the saw is in such pretty shape that I almost hate to use it at all.

What I'm wondering is what the specs are. When I run it dry, I'll weigh the powerhead but if anyone has the specs and especially the power I would love to know the numbers. I assume from the "520" that it is 52 cc?

I did a search and couldn't find any information but maybe I missed something.

Litefoot,

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I was looking for. The 520 SP is a remarkable saw and it will be interesting to see how much the powerhead weighs. It weighs about 1.2 lbs more than a Stihl 025 with an 18" bar so I think that 11 lbs or a just a little less would be a pretty good number. While I can't guess the power, it's set up with a 20" bar and 3/8 chain and it is fast for its size. It seems to have a better power band that the old model Husky 346 xp and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the power/weight ratio compares well with that of current 50 cc saws. Unfortunately, that spec sheet had a blank for the "power" row.

Latest posts

Back