Fuel (probably gonna start a fight with this)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it in the 346xp because it's my truck saw and my 4wheeler saw for when I'm on FIL farm. It's just more convenient for me when strapping it to the bike and go Or keeping it in the tool box in the truck. Normally in the other saws I use Lucas synthetic in non-ethanol at 40/50-1.

I only purchased it to use in the saws when I know they are going to be sitting and even then I have a hard time buying it.

Probaly $10 / quart or so i think?
More like $5 a quart at menards. When I bought my 562XP new I got a 4 year warranty by buying 2 quarts of their $8 per quart premix, that's the only premix I ever bought.
This 20$ a gallon at local Tsc. Usually 4-7$ a quart
???????????????????????????????????
I buy from station. Normal pump station (but have only Ethanol free gas) and pay $3.09 for 1 Gallon E free 92 Octave gas.

Non ethanol gas is $15 a gal at the pump.... 45mins away, ill take $4 canned fuel anyday (for storage)

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Non ethanol gas is $15 a gal at the pump.... 45mins away, ill take $4 canned fuel anyday (for storage)

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36
At that price it is justified being the pump price at $15 gallon and no oil in it.

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Whoa.....let me make sure I understood what you said. :confused:

No-E gas is $15.00 a gal. at the pump in your area? I'm 62 yrs. old and I've never heard of anything like that before. I know for fact, that I've never paid over $4.00 a gal. for ANY kind of gasoline since I've been driving at age 15.

Seen VP 2 cycle synthetic mix oil at wal-mart 2.6 oz,can't remember price.16 oz.was 6.38. Thought that was a good price.Anyone have any experience with it?

Seen VP 2 cycle synthetic mix oil at wal-mart 2.6 oz,can't remember price.16 oz.was 6.38. Thought that was a good price.Anyone have any experience with it?
Been using it in my 346xp for several months now and like it pretty well and no problems arising from it at all as of yet

Whoa.....let me make sure I understood what you said. :confused:

No-E gas is $15.00 a gal. at the pump in your area? I'm 62 yrs. old and I've never heard of anything like that before. I know for fact, that I've never paid over $4.00 a gal. for ANY kind of gasoline since I've been driving at age 15.

So you are kinda right, i havent looked ina few years, but, reveiws from end of 2016 of closets gas stations to me with e-free are around $9 a gal. www.pure-gas.org. Reveiws can be wrong i guess, ive never looked with my own eyes

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Every saw we sell or work on leaves the shop topped off with the Husqvarna version pre mix. (Vp is just as good) we sell a lot of it. I use it in the slow season just because my saws may sit for a month or so. The VP smells like the race track (I like that)

VP is good stuff. I buy a case every spring when napa puts it on sale. Usually pretty reasonable then.
I use it to store things or tune stuff for people that only run a few tanks a year.

If you want to start a fuel fight bring up some shell v power or other nitrogen enriched fuel. That's some inconsistent and iffy stuff.

Steven
Forgive if I'm incorrect but I was always under the impression that Nitrogen in both liquid & gas forms is inert Are you referring to Nitromethane enriched fuels? if yes they can be " IFFY"
I've also been told by our fuel man at work that even "non-ethanol " still has at least 3% ethanol in it
Could be true on your side of the pond but on my side the pump fuel contains NO E whatsoever the alklyte fuel as in the OP is good but if here you use a few gallons ( 8 pint ones ) a day/week the cost is a deal killer It costs in the region of 5 times as much as the same quantity of pump gas/oil mix

Forgive if I'm incorrect but I was always under the impression that Nitrogen in both liquid & gas forms is inert Are you referring to Nitromethane enriched fuels? if yes they can be " IFFY"

Could be true on your side of the pond but on my side the pump fuel contains NO E whatsoever the alklyte fuel as in the OP is good but if here you use a few gallons ( 8 pint ones ) a day/week the cost is a deal killer It costs in the region of 5 times as much as the same quantity of pump gas/oil mix
I don't even use shell gas in my truck it acts up every time. With the VP I have noticed too that the carbon build up is nonexistent now. The storage of the VP is what I was after. Especially with the saw being in the tool box. Sometimes it might be used forup to 2-4 weeks and I don't wanna trust that to store bought mixed fuel

I never had a fuel issue with pump fuel . I use v power in the Harley an Husqvarna .

Yup.......same results here. Used pump gas and reg. dino oil for over 45 yrs. and never an issue, ethanol or not.

Only thing is, I drain um (O P E) and then run um dry, til they die, after use.

Back