Hardhat liners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AT sawyer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone here use a hardhat liner? If so, what kind? It hasn't been such a cold winter this year, but there were a couple days that stung my ears. The muffs on my helmet usually keep my ears warm when I'm sawing, but when I'm wearing just a hardhat they freeze. Sock style watch caps are too thick (for my comfort).

I've got one that I acquired from somewhere. It has a zipper on the back for a flap to cover the neck. Don't care for it. It gets disgusting. Doesn't seem to insulate since cold air still comes in around the front.

I find that a balaclava works better to keep my head warm.

TreeStuff has sent "neck socks" or "neck gaiter" in boxes with orders. I don't see them for sale on their website, but I am not sure what they would be called to search. Thin enough to fit under a helmet well. Not really insulated, but enough to keep the cold wind off and keep some of your head's heat in. 2 at once would really be warm.

I believe TS has them listed as buffs. Between orders and a couple expos I've gotten enough for me and my crew to wear new ones everyday of the week. One on my head almost everyday and another around my neck on cold days.

Latest posts

Back