Homelite XL parts/shop manual?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
I have one of the variations of these that was passed down from my father and I'd like to get a new piston ring, a carb kit and sprocket. It's got 90-100lbs of compression. I took it apart today and the piston/cylinder don't look too bad, better than my 346xp was and a new ring did wonders for it.

Where can I get parts for this oldie? A shop manual would be nice too. I have no clue how I am going to keep the new ring compressed long enough to get it down past the crank area and into the cylinder. Oh, and the foam air filter is rotted also. Can I just cut a new one from any foam filter with good effect?

Also, since I had to split the cases to get this thing apart, will I need new crank seals?

thanks,
Ian

XL's are still fairly common saws. Ebay's you best bet on most of the parts. You'll find new pistons, rings, and cylinders for them if you've got part numbers to go by. You may have to wait a while, but I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

Not sure on which one you need to click on, but if you've got your UT number "if it's still on the saw" you can go to --- http://odref.com/homelite/chainsaw/index.html --- and get the complete parts break down on it. If you don't have your UT number then you'll have to click on each one of them, wait for them to load, then see if it's your saw or not...

Better off to go ahead and replace everything, seals and atleast the crank bearings while you've got it torn down. Saves having to go back later and do it ;)

As for your air filter... I guess you could take a bigger foam filter for something else and cut it down to size, but I wouldn't use just any foam. It would have to come from another larger filter off of something else...

Hope this all helps.
Greg

Last edited:
Thanks, good effort, but wouldn't ya know it, my UT isn't listed there. 10655 is the number on the little knee opener I have.

Ian

Hey, I found it on another site and Jacks Small Engine tells me that the piston ring is no longer available. Hurray for me! I found everything except that and the drum/sprocket. Looks like my saw-in-a-box will remain just that. No big loss, it was just taking up room anyway.

anyone want a Homelite XL saw-in-a-box for the cost of shipping?

Ian

Haywire I'll pay shipping if you are serious about getting rid of it. Can you get in touch with me somehow? Im not haveing any luck getting your attention.

I have no clue... shouldn't be more than 150-200 dollars... :hmm3grin2orange: PM me your addy and I'll find out.

Ian

Latest posts

Back