How much is your wood pile worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch95100

Saw Nut
Reaction score
Old man and I are sitting around a camp firein Billings Montana. As mos. t of you know you cannot transpor fire wood over 50 mile. Well being over 1200 miles from base we had to buy fire wood.... hurts me bad enough saying it so don't rub it in. Well 5 bucks for a bag that I could better use for kindling. So I got to thinking if I sold that little forthat much I wonder how much my wood pile at home is worth... came up with a little over 12,000.00. So my question is ow much is your pile worth. The bag I got was roughly 1foot long by 6 inches high. Figure out that into a cord and figure out how many cord you have and post up!

My firewood pile,

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

anyone seen that guys wood pile outside of dawson towards gp, i think it'd gibe pioneerguys pile a run for its money, ill snap pictures next time im by there

My firewood pile,

That almost looks like europe with the size of the logs... Is it true there isn't a whole lot of big wood in Canada? I had a Canadian groundie last year, nice guy... told me that he'd never really seen a big tree until he came to Australia. Admittedly we were working up in the mountains in old growth stuff up to about 165' which there isn't much left of, but he told me he'd never really seen anything over about 2'DBH in his own country.

Shaun

That almost looks like europe with the size of the logs... Is it true there isn't a whole lot of big wood in Canada? I had a Canadian groundie last year, nice guy... told me that he'd never really seen a big tree until he came to Australia. Admittedly we were working up in the mountains in old growth stuff up to about 165' which there isn't much left of, but he told me he'd never really seen anything over about 2'DBH in his own country.

Shaun

I only keep the small stuff for myself, the big wood gets split and sold, that pile is the remnants of around 400 cord processed that year. Trees of around 2' DBH are considered a good size here, a big tree is around 5' DBH and not likely more than 100' tall. Our growing season limits the growth ring size gain per year to around 1/4" in hardwoods.

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

based on the info i couldn't tell you how much mine is worth,, but i do have 5 years worth under roof

I guess my point really was that I just thought it was a little rediculus buying a ####small bag of wood for 5 bucks. NOW if i was selling it then it would be a different story

I guess my point really was that I just thought it was a little rediculus buying a ####small bag of wood for 5 bucks. NOW if i was selling it then it would be a different story

your right,,, around here you can sell it all day long for 10.00 per arm load to the campers,, but you would be lucky to get 125.00 per cord for good seasoned hardwood,, it makes no sense

Well, let me think about it,,,

Now, lets see, i got about 16 "ricks",,maybe a little more.

How much do people pay for a "rick" of fire wood?

Last time I was pining for some walk around doe, I was getting 60 clams for a truck load. A truck load carries about, what, a rick and a half,,let me do some "cipherin' for a minute,,:dizzy: man it's too much,,let me go find Granny!!!

Some of you fellers sure have nice "stacks"

Now, lets see, i got about 16 "ricks",,maybe a little more.

How much do people pay for a "rick" of fire wood?

Last time I was pining for some walk around doe, I was getting 60 clams for a truck load. A truck load carries about, what, a rick and a half,,let me do some "cipherin' for a minute,,:dizzy: man it's too much,,let me go find Granny!!!

Some of you fellers sure have nice "stacks"

Dont hurt yourself...

Latest posts

Back