Husky 365 vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W is for "west coast" or whatever. Used to be an option package, full wrap handlebar, wide discharge side cover and big felling dogs. Now i think theyre only selling the wrap handle and dogs as a kit, not able to get from a dealer that way anymore
I'm honestly not sure what came first, "the chicken or the egg.
Back in the early 90' , heated models like the 394 had decals that read 394 XPG for generated. Possible the first year Husqvarna used "W" my have been 2006 on the 51.4 372 that was never released here. If say the 357 or 372 was an xpw then that meant it had a full wrap handlebar.
And heated and full wrap was xpwg.
I remember bailies advertising them as a "west coast model" but it always been my belief that people have mistaken it to mean "west coast" But who knows?
On the 365 W it definitely doesn't mean "West coast"
I am not sure it means Wrap either as all the picture show the saw with out a wrap.
I did see one that said 'discontinued
Which would make sense as to what you are saying that its an add on if one wants.
Here 365w 2017 are still available but again its pictured with reg handle??
Confusing.

Its possible the candian market is different. In US, they no longer have that as an available option from dealers.
Ours are still separate models.

Walker's didn't have a 365 full wrap when a bought a new 365 to convert.
I had a pre Xtorq handle of a timed out saw, which I like anyway. I end up crushing the handle and tank heli falling in camp so Westcoast90 (Shane) picks me up one on his way in and grabs my tote of parts out of my car at the float plane dock on his way in.
They had one in stock in Campbell river of the older style that I wanted for $150 probably about $168 tax in
and the Xtorq ones were almost $200.00
Before tax.

Some dealers may still have some in stock, but theyve started selling the wrap handle kits seperate, for dirt cheap. @spike60

The rationale behind the wrap handle kits was to eliminate all of the slower selling "W" SKU's from the model lineup. IE, instead of producing "W" models along side of the regular ones, just offer the conversion kits at a reasonable price. Now and then I'd order a W model for someone and the serial numbers always seemed to lag behind the standard models by a year or more. So, not only is the new system simpler, but a "W" buyer gets fresh product with all the current updates.

I think the kits are all priced the same $30, and they come with the larger spikes and hardware. But you have to be sure and order the kit number, not the number for the replacement handle.

The rationale behind the wrap handle kits was to eliminate all of the slower selling "W" SKU's from the model lineup. IE, instead of producing "W" models along side of the regular ones, just offer the conversion kits at a reasonable price. Now and then I'd order a W model for someone and the serial numbers always seemed to lag behind the standard models by a year or more. So, not only is the new system simpler, but a "W" buyer gets fresh product with all the current updates.

I think the kits are all priced the same $30, and they come with the larger spikes and hardware. But you have to be sure and order the kit number, not the number for the replacement handle.
Wow I better call ya and get one[emoji1]

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

What is the number for the 395 and 372. If you don't mind sharing.

I'm honestly not sure what came first, "the chicken or the egg.
Back in the early 90' , heated models like the 394 had decals that read 394 XPG for generated. Possible the first year Husqvarna used "W" my have been 2006 on the 51.4 372 that was never released here. If say the 357 or 372 was an xpw then that meant it had a full wrap handlebar.
And heated and full wrap was xpwg.
I remember bailies advertising them as a "west coast model" but it always been my belief that people have mistaken it to mean "west coast" But who knows?
On the 365 W it definitely doesn't mean "West coast"
I am not sure it means Wrap either as all the picture show the saw with out a wrap.
I did see one that said 'discontinued
Which would make sense as to what you are saying that its an add on if one wants.
Here 365w 2017 are still available but again its pictured with reg handle??
Confusing.

Ours are still separate models.

Walker's didn't have a 365 full wrap when a bought a new 365 to convert.
I had a pre Xtorq handle of a timed out saw, which I like anyway. I end up crushing the handle and tank heli falling in camp so Westcoast90 (Shane) picks me up one on his way in and grabs my tote of parts out of my car at the float plane dock on his way in.
They had one in stock in Campbell river of the older style that I wanted for $150 probably about $168 tax in
and the Xtorq ones were almost $200.00
Before tax.
Gather around boys and girls it's story time with Jamie :cheers:.
I'll share a thousand words.
20170808_212937.jpg

I decided to buy the 372xp. I got the deluxe air filter, big cutting spikes, wrap handle.

View attachment 596388
Great choice sir.
You will be very pleased with it I'm sure.
You will see a nice bump in performance once she gets broke in too, but be patient as you may have to run a good number of tanks through it, and that takes a while if your only cutting firewood.

Back