Muffler Pipes, Saw Mods, detensioning and single ring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's good reason I don't watch youtube for actual information. Too much misinformation being spread, combined with people who don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about, really just entertainment than anything else. I will say that I like Kevin's style of videos where the saw does the talking instead of someones mouth

There's good reason I don't watch youtube for actual information. Too much misinformation being spread, combined with people who don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about, really just entertainment than anything else. I will say that I like Kevin's style of videos where the saw does the talking instead of someones mouth
Mine?

His shorts have been occassionally popping up in my feed, lots of blaring music and buzzwords is a common theme in them
Make sure you like and subscribe for useless content! I follow Kevin @huskihl, @Red97 and Randy, Now that’s some great stuff. I wish Randy made more videos. Metsa, Buckin Billy and the likes suck.

Make sure you like and subscribe for useless content! I follow Kevin @huskihl, @Red97 and Randy, Now that’s some great stuff. I wish Randy made more videos. Metsa, Buckin Billy and the likes suck.
Joe and Randy are two more who I like watching too. I like that what Joe talks about is great information and learning material, rather than the same old redundancy. Ironhorse, Metsa, BBR, the other big names don’t impress me much

Joe and Randy are two more who I like watching too. I like that what Joe talks about is great information and learning material, rather than the same old redundancy. Ironhorse, Metsa, BBR, the other big names don’t impress me much
Joe is the exception rather than the rule on YT. He’s a straight shooter that won’t make stuff up for clicks

It has been about 10 years since I have torn down and rebuilt saws on a daily basis. Never did any significant mods; only performance tunes. Cylinder and piston rarely.

Somehow I have collected a lot of saws. 14-17 (probably on the higher side after I dig them all out)

Looking for some "pipe" mufflers that are done really well and "actually" produce more HP.
On mods I will open things up a bit; reduce piston weight some, remove any second ring, reduce tension on the remaining ring.
Probably try a couple pipes. Only cut the minimum inside hole in mufflers just for heat escape.
I've already got a proven hp pipe for my 2511 echo.

Want pipes for a 372xt/chin and would like to find some pipes for a few Zenoah/chin 25,38,58cc
Would like to find a pipe for a 6401 Dolmar

Doing squish and piston shave ... opening things up without porting, changing timing.
(More study required)

Probably going to move 3/4 of the saws out so I can build a 372xp Big bore. I already have a Dolmar big bore setup at the ready.

I really like "Ironhorse"; are there any other links or knowledgeable you might recommend? Any ready made pipe mufflers that are not overpriced? I only want more HP and heat dissipation. Anyone able to have an insert-able spark arrestor in their design yet? (On the venturi exit tube transfer from the expansion tube exhaust?)

Looking for pipes pro made after the attached design.
If you're talking about tuned pipes in your zenoah reference, you may as well attempt to build your own. Till you're done hacking one up to get it to fit around a chainsaw you won't see the gains we do in rc/go pads. Also, something to consider is the higher operating rpm they are designed for. We're turning 16-20k rpm on a 32-35cc engine. 23-29 not uncommon even mild porting to see over 20k rpm. Good pipes, vrc, olimat, etc will set you back $150-200 for a std torpedo style with header. Once you start getting into the China clone/morphs things get kinda dicey, but it's a good bit cheaper to play with.

If you're talking about tuned pipes in your zenoah reference, you may as well attempt to build your own. Till you're done hacking one up to get it to fit around a chainsaw you won't see the gains we do in rc/go pads. Also, something to consider is the higher operating rpm they are designed for. We're turning 16-20k rpm on a 32-35cc engine. 23-29 not uncommon even mild porting to see over 20k rpm. Good pipes, vrc, olimat, etc will set you back $150-200 for a std torpedo style with header. Once you start getting into the China clone/morphs things get kinda dicey, but it's a good bit cheaper to play with.

WOW!!!! 16-20K+ --- That is AMAZING! Linky please to buy pipe or whatever it takes. I have 5-6 of them and have a waterproof box for each. The Box will hold the saw plus a 14" bar and chain, a small bottle of gas mix and chain lube. Holds it perfectly! PLEASE ... if you can point me the right direction for the Zenoah clones. (5-6x 25cc, 1x 38cc, 1x 58cc) Thank-you btw

Have you ever had Kevin work on one of your saws? If not, get on his to-do list and send him one, you'll forget the You-Tube ********.

WOW!!!! 16-20K+ --- That is AMAZING! Linky please to buy pipe or whatever it takes. I have 5-6 of them and have a waterproof box for each. The Box will hold the saw plus a 14" bar and chain, a small bottle of gas mix and chain lube. Holds it perfectly! PLEASE ... if you can point me the right direction for the Zenoah clones. (5-6x 25cc, 1x 38cc, 1x 58cc) Thank-you btw
I'm talking about hobby/ rc engines made by zenaoh and using those tuned pipes on saws of similar displacement.

Iron mule got his following by latching on to bbr, I remember when FABZ would pop up here pushing his crap. As for metsa he's just a kid, at least he's not like metal and wood trying to sue people over Chinese chainsaws.

Anyhow back to chainsaws if you get a 52-62cc zenoah clones you add a 372 carburetor to supply more air and fuel, you'll just a carburetor adapter.

Have you ever had Kevin work on one of your saws? If not, get on his to-do list and send him one, you'll forget the You-Tube ********.
Personally no I haven’t. I have a ported 261 from Randy though. Last time I talked to Kevin he was 8 months or so out which is a great problem to have as a builder. Generally I’m not one to wait so typically @Edwad has what I need. I ordered a Mofo ported 026 from him for a buddy of mine. @drf255 Doc builds a great saw too.

Iron mule got his following by latching on to bbr, I remember when FABZ would pop up here pushing his crap. As for metsa he's just a kid, at least he's not like metal and wood trying to sue people over Chinese chainsaws.

Anyhow back to chainsaws if you get a 52-62cc zenoah clones you add a 372 carburetor to supply more air and fuel, you'll just a carburetor adapter.

Any idea what type of adapter or just fab one?

Latest posts

Back