Husqvarna 340/345/350 Jonsered 2141/2145/2150 Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For instance, there is a current model available from Jonsered called the CS 2250 S, it's on the US website, there used to be a CS 2240 S. I'm looking at a 2141 S on craigslist.

OK, something I didn't know about then - maybe spring assisted start? If that is what it is, avoid it when possible - unless the operator really needs it!

OK, something I didn't know about then - maybe spring assisted start? If that is what it is, avoid it when possible - unless the operator really needs it!
Is spin start the Husqvarna/Jonsered equivalent of the easy2start system? I was just on their website and that is what it appears.

Is spin start the Husqvarna/Jonsered equivalent of the easy2start system? I was just on their website and that is what it appears.

No, it is simply the decomp valve, and has nothing to do with that "S" (I just read up on it)....:msp_wink:

thanks for the great thread:clap: what would be good numbers to port the 45 mm cylinder too. i ported my 350 but didnt use degree wheel.i just took out the base gasket widen the ports and blended the bottom of transfers. i got a degree wheel now and might go back in and adjust the timing a little. thanks

Also search for project stumpbroke sleeper 345. I think that's right. Stumpy built one mean machine there. He helped me lots. Mastermind and nmurph as well. These guys know their ****. If you need advice o help just pm me. I'll do what I can.

Oh and moody that was a single port exhaust. Gigantor hole covered by a 288xp deflector. I liked it so much for muffler mods I got 4 extras for later. Post a pic in a minute.

Loco

Last edited:
Here it is. A pic of the aftermarket cylinder and mm. Also the new warning decal.
298640d1370387345-image-jpg

298641d1370387427-image-jpg

298644d1370387530-image-jpg

Loco

thanks for the great thread:clap: what would be good numbers to port the 45 mm cylinder too. i ported my 350 but didnt use degree wheel.i just took out the base gasket widen the ports and blended the bottom of transfers. i got a degree wheel now and might go back in and adjust the timing a little. thanks

What kind of use does the saw see? If its a saw you play around with you could get crazy with it.

if i did it right they are
ex 100
int71
tran 145

You're missing your blow down and your transfers seem a little high. But that's no big deal if you cut your squish those will come down a degree or two. Leave the intake alone since you've already widened it, raise your exhaust to 104*. The trick with these is not how much you take out its where you take it from. Match the riser to the jug in the transfer area you need torward the intake some maybe 2mm. Be careful not to take too much or you'll loose charge velocity/ throttle response. Get a 346 boot remove the sleeve add a walbro 199 and poke a hole in the muffler and you'll have a nice running saw.

Back