Husqvarna 365 Special bog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Husqvarna

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I got an issue with my husky. I just picked it up last Thursday. It start and idles fine but if I blip the throttle it will bog down. Now if I slowly press the throttle it will rev up fine. The guy I bought it off said it was sitting for a while. So I drained all the gas and put on a new fuel filter, I also cleaned out the carb by taking it apart and cleaned with carb cleaner. It still bogs, any ideas?

I checked the spark arrester screen and was clean. I picked up a carb kit yesterday just haven't installed it yet. I just looked at the gas line and looks to be fine, how would you check if the fuel line has a leak or not?

Sounds to me the high air screw is slightly off. And maybe the low air screw a little.. I would try to start with the low air screw. Back it out about 1/8 of a turn. See if it helps. If not put it back in 1/8 of a turn and try adjusting the high screw setting in 1/8 turn.

While you have the carb off to rebuild it, take a look at the impulse tube and intake tube. A crack or any deteration of either will cause it to bog when opening throttle. Not sure what type of fuel you have in Canada but down here the enothal mix is hard on 2 cycle engines components, especially if they sit with enothal mix.

While you have the carb off to rebuild it, take a look at the impulse tube and intake tube. A crack or any deteration of either will cause it to bog when opening throttle. Not sure what type of fuel you have in Canada but down here the enothal mix is hard on 2 cycle engines components, especially if they sit with enothal mix.

I bought it used so not sure what grade of gas the previous owner used. We have 94 octane with no ethanol which I use in all my machines.

I did get the problem solved. After cleaning the carb and taking the limiters off, I was able to adjust the carb properly and get it right. Now no bog. Must have been old gas in the carb as l well as the carb not letting me adjust properly. Now she screams.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Back